Real Racing 3 - By Firemonkeys - Coming Feb 2013

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by killercow, Aug 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wipeout 2048 is excellent if you're looking for a good Vita racing game. Also, Need for Speed Most Wanted on Vita is open-world which is a huge plus for me.

On-topic: The demo shown today looks quite impressive although the track was a bit dull. I'm going to assume that the other tracks won't be as simplistic. The RR games are by far my favorite racing games on the iPhone, and RR3 might be the first game I play on my iPhone 5. ;)

2. MMarzola

MMarzola Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Game Developer
    Los Angeles
    Game looks absolutely sick, Great job!

3. Shinsaku

Shinsaku Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2011
    My sentiments exactly! Trying to budget my money atm so I can get one day1!

4. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Yup, juggle juggle juggle. I bought a gen 4 because of RR2, I guess it's gen 5 in time for RR3 :) hopefully

5. Mhunt190

Mhunt190 Well-Known Member

May 27, 2012
    USA
    Off topic: so is the A6 dule core or quad core? They never said it was quad core?

6. Diablohead

Diablohead Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Freelancer, PC game developer
    Real racing has always been a mix of slightly real and a more simple approach to racing, if you can't figure that out from RR1 and 2 then i'm sorry.

7. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Time shifted multiplayer sounds amazing! Real Time often is too empty, this could work very well!

8. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Dual Core.

9. TotallyImba

TotallyImba Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2010
    United Kingdom
    Looking at the screenshots I am so happy I waited for an iPhone 5 and didn't bite when the 4S was released.

10. NorrisForever79

NorrisForever79 Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2012
    Vita is more powerful IMHO!

11. nkarafo

nkarafo Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    I don't know if vita is more powerful or less powerful but vita has uglier screen. It's big, yes it's big indeed BUT ugly. It's not so clear and not as iphone's retina display. Even iphone4 has sharper screen! And at least for me it's a big advantage to can see clear HD graphics without many polygons and pixels.

Even Sony's smartphones (xperia S, etc) have better screen...

12. yUlek

yUlek Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2012
    And better than retina too ;)

13. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    I own a vita and in all honesty it's not as bad as you guys are claiming. Ppi isn't as dense but it's still a nice screen WHEN THEY ACTUALLY RUN GAMES AT NATIVE. So many sub native games on the system right now. But I honestly don't think the vita is that powerful if it's already struggling with native res graphics.

14. fulcizombie

fulcizombie Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2011
    Yeah this is true. The vita's screen is a work of art and it is a real shame that most vita games, and definitely the most ambitious ones like uncharted, don't take advantage of it . The vita has a similar problem with the new iPad and it is definitely not as powerful as Sony, or it's supporters on various forums, would have you believe .

15. There is a Vita discussion thread in the TA Lounge. No need for all of these off-topic posts in the Real Racing 3 thread...

Also, was there any mention of a possible release date for RR3 at the Apple media event yesterday?

16. Mhunt190

May 27, 2012
    USA
    Its not quad core it's dule

17. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    No mention of release date.
    Only said 2012.
    I suspect December. RR2 was a December release. And other things make it seem likely for then. Hope I'm wrong.

18. Mhunt190

May 27, 2012
    USA
    I'm hoping to see full effects and on the 4s like the iPhone 5 has.

19. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Can iPad handle the rear-view mirror and real-time car reflections, or just new iPhone?

20. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    The new iPhone's sec upgrade is marginal and racing games are easily run by even low end devices. I'd suspect you'll see those effects on the 2 newest iPads with some extra AA and superior textures for the 3rd.