★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Sociable Soccer

08-16-2016, 11:03 AM
Hey, this is looking great! I'm a huge footy/soccer fan here in the U.S. and I've probably purchased way too many games... but there's always room for one more!

Anyway, I have a couple questions too. This one obviously looks like there will be plenty of arcade action, but will there also be the ability to act as manager and just watch the matches play out (kind of like Soccer Player Manager 2016)? Also, will U.S.'s MLS be one of the leagues in the game?

Thanks!

TeamShides
@curtneedsaride
MHFU - Shides
iPhone X Space Gray 256 GB
iPad Pro 9.7 128 GB
08-16-2016, 11:05 AM

Yes!

It should run @60 fps on my 6s Plus, too.

08-16-2016, 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtisrshideler View Post

Anyway, I have a couple questions too. This one obviously looks like there will be plenty of arcade action, but will there also be the ability to act as manager and just watch the matches play out (kind of like Soccer Player Manager 2016)? Also, will U.S.'s MLS be one of the leagues in the game?

Thanks!
I am dying for a proper (not extremaly complicated) soccer sim which it is not Sega's.

Just a plain old fun with the right ammount of depth and not so much micromanagement.
08-16-2016, 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtisrshideler View Post
Hey, this is looking great! I'm a huge footy/soccer fan here in the U.S. and I've probably purchased way too many games... but there's always room for one more!

Thanks!
Thank you for for your interest!

The original Sensible World of Soccer allowed you to let the computer play a match for you in "manager mode", so it should be possible over here as well. However, our manager features will be somewhat more limited in the first release. Ideally you'll be able to drop in and out of manager mode any time even during a match.

I *think* the MLS is in the game, but I'll confirm that later.
08-16-2016, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atchoo View Post

Yes!

It should run @60 fps on my 6s Plus, too.
It runs @60 fps even on an iPhone 5, obviously not at the highest quality but fully playable with MFi, dual-touch screen controls and the wtf-I-can't-believe-this-works single touch mode.
08-16-2016, 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jouni View Post
It runs @60 fps even on an iPhone 5, obviously not at the highest quality but fully playable with MFi, dual-touch screen controls and the wtf-I-can't-believe-this-works single touch mode.
Ok realease it tomorrow please season already started! Haha
For real let us know here if there is any beta
I did beta for active soccer 2
08-16-2016, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dailon80 View Post
Ok realease it tomorrow please season already started! Haha
For real let us know here if there is any beta
I did beta for active soccer 2
Where do you think we traditionally picked our beta testers from at Mountain Sheep?

We'll let you know if we get around to running a public beta, but first we have to nail the publisher down. Meanwhile, we've been showing the game in playable form in a lot of places, even had several tournaments in game conferences. This week it's playable at Gamescom, in Cologne.
08-16-2016, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jouni View Post
Where do you think we traditionally picked our beta testers from at Mountain Sheep?

We'll let you know if we get around to running a public beta, but first we have to nail the publisher down. Meanwhile, we've been showing the game in playable form in a lot of places, even had several tournaments in game conferences. This week it's playable at Gamescom, in Cologne.
Ok got you now I see what stage/phase you are at
Good luck and I will be keeping tabs and spreading the word when it comes out!
08-16-2016, 12:44 PM
Glad my post made this thread bang, I'm really looking forward to this despite the fact Sunday almost made me give up football haha. Also great to see the developer here, if you're ever in England/London I'd love to preview this! Best of luck!

Early morning UK news monkey for TouchArcade (I'm Rob). Follow me on Twitter @robfunnell3 for my eternal love.
08-16-2016, 01:07 PM