★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Meteorfall - Roguelike deck builder

07-16-2017, 10:22 AM
#21
Wow

This looks fantastic, I can't wait to actually play the game! If you need beta testers count me in.
07-16-2017, 12:32 PM
#22
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,258
The designs are definitely unique!

07-17-2017, 06:52 PM
#23
Saw this on Twitter a few times now. If you're still looking for beta testers when the time rolls around count me in!
07-28-2017, 02:54 PM
#24
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericmbernier View Post
Saw this on Twitter a few times now. If you're still looking for beta testers when the time rolls around count me in!
Will do!

I wanted to share this .gif I posted today on Twitter - I've been getting a lot of great feedback on improving the animations, and things are starting to look really nice!

07-28-2017, 07:37 PM
#26
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,258
@slothwerks when the blue card drops down, it is more or less like a screen flash, which is not a good thing. Not sure what to suggest that won't make the animation too long. The other card drop doesn't seem nearly as prominent (I.e. It's much less annoying), maybe because it is in the corner. Very cool otherwise.

Last edited by Misguided; 07-28-2017 at 07:40 PM.
07-29-2017, 06:46 AM
#27
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 25
Looks so great! Good luck your team!

Last edited by Amesiu; 07-29-2017 at 06:52 AM. Reason: Add some more
07-29-2017, 09:51 AM
#28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misguided View Post
@slothwerks when the blue card drops down, it is more or less like a screen flash, which is not a good thing. Not sure what to suggest that won't make the animation too long. The other card drop doesn't seem nearly as prominent (I.e. It's much less annoying), maybe because it is in the corner. Very cool otherwise.
That's helpful feedback! I was kind thinking the same, but it helps to hear someone else point it out. I'll see what I can do to improve how that looks. Thank you!
07-30-2017, 01:02 PM
#29
Joined: Oct 2016
Location: Mississauga ONTARIO
Posts: 28
I adore games by Tiny Touch Tales but I'm delighted to see another contender taking up the challenge of making a great single player card game for the iPhone!
07-30-2017, 05:14 PM
#30
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by slothwerks View Post
That's helpful feedback! I was kind thinking the same, but it helps to hear someone else point it out. I'll see what I can do to improve how that looks. Thank you!
You are most welcome. While I'm not epileptic, I tend to get disoriented by flashes and nauseated by uncontrolled camera movement like screen shake or sudden re-orientation of the camera. It is frustrating when I can't play a game I'm interested in because of that sort of thing, so thanks for listening (and to be clear, I don't think this would necessarily be bad enough to be a major problem, just explaining why I am appreciative).