JYDGE - a cyberpunk twin-stick shooter (10tons Neon Chrome spin-off)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by 10tonsLtd, Nov 22, 2017.

1. 10tonsLtd

10tonsLtd Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    Hello! We're starting to test JYDGE - our latest twin-stick shooter. The iOS version has been in polishing stages for a while and it is now ready to test.

JYDGE is spin-off from our popular twin-stick shooter Neon Chrome. We've continued to polish the gameplay and instead of procedural generation we have hand-crafted objective based missions. The game looks somewhat similar - but it is quite different. Neon Chrome fans should enjoy the game immensely!

If you want to participate, go to http://www.jydge.com/ and sign up at the bottom of the page. We'll contact random subscribers for beta opportunities when the time comes - this week or the next.

2. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Was hoping this would come out on iOS.

Nice!!

3. MetaGonzo

MetaGonzo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    Excellent news.

4. thomas.foster

thomas.foster Member

Jul 11, 2016
    London
  5. 10tonsLtd

Mar 10, 2009
    Thanks for all the signups so far - we're nearing the first beta patch! Stay tuned!

6. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    I put my email in
    I didn’t see beta sign up.

7. dbagga84

dbagga84 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    Hopefully I get picked. I haven’t beta tested a decent game lately. Although I did spend a couple weeks helping an independent dev figure out why his new game was sucking frame rate so bad using screen record, and testing multiple devices on multiple iOS versions. (I borrowed phones lol)

8. dbagga84

May 22, 2013
    Yeh you just sign up for the mailing list and that’s what they draw from

9. MetaGonzo

MetaGonzo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    Slick, as expected.

Finally have a day off tomorrow (and the day after; mental) so I’m looking forward to sinking my teeth in when the little one’s at school.

Suffice to say it’s looking up to scratch based on the first few minutes.

10. Avaniar

Avaniar Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2016
    Wow, I just played a couple of missions and this is soooo good. I got neon chrome some time ago during a sale (because the price is high, though it is totally worth it and because with roguelike games I'm never sure where I'm at, I either love them and play them a lot, or I start getting fed up and just put them away - i would say mainly due to control schemes) .
    This game is like the child of Neon Chrome and Door Kickers. It has the theme and controls of Neon Chrome, but the mission style of Door Kickers (which I love too).
    I do have a gripe, though I have not played more than 10 mins of this, so i still have to explore it further. My questions is, I want a mini map to be present, so I don't have to stop to know where the entrances and the hostages are. I need that info to be there, where I can see at all times, so I can better plan my action. I am divided in regards to putting the bad (and maybe good) guys on the minimap. Ok sure, it's normal if you have access to schematics, but in regards to people, maybe not so much.

11. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    I think it would be enough for levels to start with a survey of the scene, maybe in closeup, showing enemies, hostages, and main entrances. Not sure if I want a mini map per se — I do enjoy the exploration aspect of the game.

I’m not a big fan of procedurally generated games, so mixing Neon Chrome gameplay with hand-crafted, mission bases levels is a clear winner for me. Even in beta I’m really enjoying this.

12. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    The "tactical view" perk helps with that once you unlock. If you are a fan of Neon Chrome and/or Time Recoil, you are definitely adding this to the list. Controls great with lots of customization to choose from based on how you like to play or the type of mission you have to complete. Lots of upgrades and collectables as well.

Question for 10tons.... I haven't been able to find any of the collectables. Are there any telltale signs within a level to let you know that there is a collectable?

13. dbagga84

May 22, 2013
    Dang people already getting their TestFlight invites? I got the email that said I was invited to closed beta and to reply to it by dec 1st to get sent the TestFlight invite. Still waiting on that :p I thought I’d have to wait until the 1st since the email said reply by then.

14. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Mine came the same day I replied :).

15. dbagga84

May 22, 2013
    Mine may come today then, I can’t remember when I replied but it very well may have been late/ after hours.

16. 10tonsLtd

Mar 10, 2009
    We've started testing! We'll draw more random people as we go. We might not be able to invite everyone, but atm there's a good chance of an invite for those who sign up at jydge.com :)

17. dbagga84

May 22, 2013
    Yeah I got the invite email that said I was invited and to reply to get my TestFlight invite, which I did. Lol but it hasn’t come yet :p it’s the [email protected] email, i accidentally sent 2.

18. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    I got email saying i am invited but no TestFlight invite sent

19. dbagga84

May 22, 2013
    Holy hell this game is amazing. I haven’t encountered any issues at all so far but I’ve just done act 1 on normal and hard or nightmare or whatever it’s called. I do have a couple questions though about strategy for specific mission goal on nightmare/hard act 1 last level. Anyone who’s tried it will know which particular mission goal I’m referring to. I don’t want to spoil any of the game for anyone since it’s not out yet so maybe someone who was able to get all mission goals in both difficulties in act 1 can send me a message and let me know what strategy they used for that last level.

20. dbagga84

May 22, 2013
    I was wondering if playing with the graphic settings on high on an iPhone 8 Plus is supposed to make my phone get pretty hot? I figured as powerful as the 8 Plus is in general, I figured running on high wouldn’t be an issue, but some games use the high setting for tablets more then for phones, is that the case?