★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

JYDGE - a cyberpunk twin-stick shooter (10tons Neon Chrome spin-off)

11-28-2017, 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avaniar View Post
Wow, I just played a couple of missions and this is soooo good. I got neon chrome some time ago during a sale (because the price is high, though it is totally worth it and because with roguelike games I'm never sure where I'm at, I either love them and play them a lot, or I start getting fed up and just put them away - i would say mainly due to control schemes) .
This game is like the child of Neon Chrome and Door Kickers. It has the theme and controls of Neon Chrome, but the mission style of Door Kickers (which I love too).
I do have a gripe, though I have not played more than 10 mins of this, so i still have to explore it further. My questions is, I want a mini map to be present, so I don't have to stop to know where the entrances and the hostages are. I need that info to be there, where I can see at all times, so I can better plan my action. I am divided in regards to putting the bad (and maybe good) guys on the minimap. Ok sure, it's normal if you have access to schematics, but in regards to people, maybe not so much.
I think it would be enough for levels to start with a survey of the scene, maybe in closeup, showing enemies, hostages, and main entrances. Not sure if I want a mini map per se — I do enjoy the exploration aspect of the game.

I’m not a big fan of procedurally generated games, so mixing Neon Chrome gameplay with hand-crafted, mission bases levels is a clear winner for me. Even in beta I’m really enjoying this.
11-28-2017, 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avaniar View Post
Wow, I just played a couple of missions and this is soooo good. I got neon chrome some time ago during a sale (because the price is high, though it is totally worth it and because with roguelike games I'm never sure where I'm at, I either love them and play them a lot, or I start getting fed up and just put them away - i would say mainly due to control schemes) .
This game is like the child of Neon Chrome and Door Kickers. It has the theme and controls of Neon Chrome, but the mission style of Door Kickers (which I love too).
I do have a gripe, though I have not played more than 10 mins of this, so i still have to explore it further. My questions is, I want a mini map to be present, so I don't have to stop to know where the entrances and the hostages are. I need that info to be there, where I can see at all times, so I can better plan my action. I am divided in regards to putting the bad (and maybe good) guys on the minimap. Ok sure, it's normal if you have access to schematics, but in regards to people, maybe not so much.
The "tactical view" perk helps with that once you unlock. If you are a fan of Neon Chrome and/or Time Recoil, you are definitely adding this to the list. Controls great with lots of customization to choose from based on how you like to play or the type of mission you have to complete. Lots of upgrades and collectables as well.

Question for 10tons.... I haven't been able to find any of the collectables. Are there any telltale signs within a level to let you know that there is a collectable?

11-28-2017, 09:36 AM
Dang people already getting their TestFlight invites? I got the email that said I was invited to closed beta and to reply to it by dec 1st to get sent the TestFlight invite. Still waiting on that I thought I’d have to wait until the 1st since the email said reply by then.
11-28-2017, 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbagga84 View Post
Dang people already getting their TestFlight invites? I got the email that said I was invited to closed beta and to reply to it by dec 1st to get sent the TestFlight invite. Still waiting on that I thought I’d have to wait until the 1st since the email said reply by then.
Mine came the same day I replied .
11-28-2017, 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
Mine came the same day I replied .
Mine may come today then, I canít remember when I replied but it very well may have been late/ after hours.
11-28-2017, 11:57 AM
We've started testing! We'll draw more random people as we go. We might not be able to invite everyone, but atm there's a good chance of an invite for those who sign up at jydge.com

10tons.com Facebook Latest release: JYDGE
11-28-2017, 09:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10tonsLtd View Post
We've started testing! We'll draw more random people as we go. We might not be able to invite everyone, but atm there's a good chance of an invite for those who sign up at jydge.com
Yeah I got the invite email that said I was invited and to reply to get my TestFlight invite, which I did. Lol but it hasnít come yet itís the dhalsell@live.com email, i accidentally sent 2.
11-28-2017, 10:50 PM
I got email saying i am invited but no TestFlight invite sent

Current Recommendations: Blocky Farm, Morphite, Cat Quest, Pocket Build
11-29-2017, 08:01 PM
Holy hell this game is amazing. I havenít encountered any issues at all so far but Iíve just done act 1 on normal and hard or nightmare or whatever itís called. I do have a couple questions though about strategy for specific mission goal on nightmare/hard act 1 last level. Anyone whoís tried it will know which particular mission goal Iím referring to. I donít want to spoil any of the game for anyone since itís not out yet so maybe someone who was able to get all mission goals in both difficulties in act 1 can send me a message and let me know what strategy they used for that last level.
11-29-2017, 08:17 PM
I was wondering if playing with the graphic settings on high on an iPhone 8 Plus is supposed to make my phone get pretty hot? I figured as powerful as the 8 Plus is in general, I figured running on high wouldnít be an issue, but some games use the high setting for tablets more then for phones, is that the case?