★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
12-06-2017, 12:20 AM
Talbs, when you embark, you can press the hero icon (helmet at the bottom right) to take a quick look at the hero skills.

Played the first two dungeons, and i like it. They autotarget but if in battle you hald down on the skill, it will show you which enemy/ally it will target

more people should know about this game. if i knew it, i would have spent my 5 on this instead of ipad only DD
12-06-2017, 02:58 AM
@ramzarules; I know. But in doing that you lose your place in the embark screen and have to do it all over again. Exactly the problem, despite there being a quick link to the skill page.
Forget which position your adventurer should be placed in? Well back you go again. Can't believe that was overlooked. Although yeh this game is free so grateful to have it and all, but that just seems like the first UI improvement of all.

Regarding buying this over iPad DD. Ok, if you absolutely don't want to be restricted to the iPad. But other than that, this is like 50% the depth and atmosphere of DD, if that. Please don't shoot me for reiterating that because I agree it's so good to haveon iPhone and can't believe it's even free. At half the depth of DD, then that makes it worth $5 doesn't it? ...and we get it free!?

12-06-2017, 09:35 AM
played some more, reached the first boss at level 3 and had a total party kill. The three survived with injuries and the 4th died instantly It looks like when the hospital opens, you can put the defeated heroes there for curing. As it was now with closed hospital i had to sell them for some money and train another team.

Very good so far, and the lack of hunger, light and stress is totally fine by me as i found them annoying at DD and nothing more (more supplies space and forcing jester on every run).
If it had better art i for atmosphere i dare say it i would like it even more than its inspiration
It’s DD light but not in the difficulty of enemies or strategy, only on the annoying (imo) mechanics. Thanks once more for helping me discover this!

Edit: why isnt this on the games forum? more people need to get it
12-06-2017, 12:38 PM
Well if the moderators could perchance come here and move it to the game forums, there would be much rejoicing, especially because I don't know how to put it up there lol
12-08-2017, 08:50 PM
I ended up writing the dev an email with my suggestion for the heroes skill Page to be accessible from the embark screen. They replied straight away saying it'll go on their list. Quite responsive. will see if they action it. I'll be impressed.
12-09-2017, 04:24 AM
Wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talbs View Post
I ended up writing the dev an email with my suggestion for the heroes skill Page to be accessible from the embark screen. They replied straight away saying it'll go on their list. Quite responsive. will see if they action it. I'll be impressed.
Wow, that's nice to know. Wasn't expecting an answer, much less a quick one. Let us see.
12-09-2017, 02:16 PM
left them a 5review saying that as long as there is no iphone DD, these guys win - but if it comes, they should push their talent and go ahead to make their own variation of it.
Also, L., since you haven't played DD, you don't know how much the narrator is missing. Seriously, for me he is 50% of the DD experience
12-09-2017, 04:14 PM
Very true, I think I only play a handful of games with sound, this being one. The narrator herand in Guild of Dungeoneering are the best
01-25-2018, 12:23 PM
It looks like this game dropped 7 months ago
Its def a clone of darkest dungeon having read the reviews but those reviews are def mostly positive things since I have no iPad I may drop a buck to see if its a good clone or not
01-25-2018, 12:28 PM
I got it I will post some thoughts after I’ve had some time on it