★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Pixelot - new RPG for iPhone

01-10-2018, 11:56 PM
Pixelot - new RPG for iPhone

About
Pixelot is a classic RPG coming to Desktop, Android, and iOS, that hopes to combine the best parts of classic role-playing games.
In Pixelot you will create a custom hero and gather allies to defend against the darkness that has swept over the land of Pixelot. The game will feature numerous recruitable characters, playable classes, items, monsters, and dungeons alike. Promising an engaging story line, laughable dialogue, and a classic yet simple design, Pixelot hopes to be a game that is easy to pick up and hard to put down. The mission in Pixelot is to earn the 6 elemental shards in order to open the way to an ancient cavern which holds the power to repel the darkness that has crept over all of Pixelot. The game will feature 6 major regions, 3 major cities, and a slew of dungeons, towns, items, monsters and more!

More

Twitter: https://twitter.com/IceBERGer3
Tumblr: https://iceberger3.tumblr.com
Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Pixelot/

Check out my game Toast! Google Play - iTunes

Last edited by Iceberger3; 01-11-2018 at 12:02 AM.
01-11-2018, 06:50 AM
This sounds like a fun game something Iíd play as long as 1 the game is all interconnected with walking around and exploring like classic final fantasy or other jrpgs. Please donít do this world map with the dots for each area and you just click em to enter. I looooooveee being able to explore and find hidden treasures and stuff. Also the picture of the battle is so short I canít tell much about in battle effects. But it would be cool if magic and special attacks had some kind of effects I just noticed in the pic there werenít any real effects for regular atks so I dunno what the plan is for it just throwin 2 cents in. Iíll definitely keep my eye on this one .
01-12-2018, 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbagga84 View Post
This sounds like a fun game something Iíd play as long as 1 the game is all interconnected with walking around and exploring like classic final fantasy or other jrpgs. Please donít do this world map with the dots for each area and you just click em to enter. I looooooveee being able to explore and find hidden treasures and stuff.
You can definitely run around like a traditional rpg. Final fantasy is a big inspiration for the game! You can even walk around to find wild monsters!

Quote:
I looooooveee being able to explore and find hidden treasures and stuff.

Quote:
Also the picture of the battle is so short I canít tell much about in battle effects. But it would be cool if magic and special attacks had some kind of effects I just noticed in the pic there werenít any real effects for regular atks so I dunno what the plan is for it just throwin 2 cents in. Iíll definitely keep my eye on this one .
There are tons of special abilities. You can protect someone to make them not take any damage. You can burn, stun, poison, and even haunt enemies. You can raise your player's stats, and of course heal too! Heres a demo of one of the battles!

Youtube link | Pop Up

01-15-2018, 01:41 AM
I am a big fan of RPG games, although I did not particularly like Tibia. Isometric projection similar to Tibia, but if the world is large, you can forgive.
Is this an ordinary RPG like Morrowind? Is it closer to an MMO RPG like PoE?
I play PoE on my PC, but I travel a lot on the train and I'm looking for something similar on Android.
01-17-2018, 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chout View Post
Is this an ordinary RPG like Morrowind? Is it closer to an MMO RPG like PoE?
Hi! Thanks for taking the time to respond! This will be an RPG like morrowind, as there is no online content planned for this game!

Like Morrowind, players will collect powerful items from defeating monsters, and will use those items to get much stronger. There are a lot of different types of items and they have different rarities which describe how powerful they are. You can view all of your items in your inventory screen.

You can click on any item slot in the unit page, and you will be presented with a list of equippable items. Just click on the item you want and it will be equipped! Players have 5 different equipment slots to put gear into: helm, cloak, armor, relic, and weapon! Helms and armor fall into three categories: heavy, medium, and light. Each class can only equip heavy, medium, or light armor. Heavy armor has a high defense rating, and low (if any) resistance. Similarly, light armor has low defense and high resistance. Medium armor has a relatively even amount of defense and resistance, favoring defense at higher levels. To remind you, defense reduces the damage taken by normal attacks, while resistance lowers the damage taken by elemental attacks. Similar to armor and helms, each class can only equip a few types of weapons. Whether they are swords, axes, maces, staves, bows or even spears.

Players can buy and sell items from the blacksmith shop as well! This is helpful for getting some basic starter gear as well as selling some old gear for more potions! Iíll look to add in some more fun gear later on!

You can also buy potions from the alchemist shop! You just walk over and click yes or no! (You canít buy it if you donít have enough gold) these potions are now fully functional in combat also!