Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Developer Discussion > Public Game Developers Forum

Old 02-09-2014, 04:08 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPT5 View Post
/thread?
not when you look at the date on it

It wouldn't surprise me if it was more in favour of iOS. It is however surprising amazon is so good. Why is amazon so much better than play?
Old 02-09-2014, 04:28 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Yea sorry guys, I did overlook the date. I knew it was old but I thought it was from last summer. Anyway, iOS is steal leading, but gap should be lower now.
Old 02-09-2014, 04:37 AM

You do have to factor in the user base, per users is useless if there are ten times more users on a different platform
Old 02-09-2014, 12:44 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

If you can go multi-platform easily, then you shouldn't ask yourself this question. You should release on as many platforms as possible. I've got my own native engine and it is ultra multi-platform friendly (meaning it takes me only minutes to port on android, ios or whatever I support).

If you haven't got a massive hit, then multi-platforms support is the only way to go.

JC
Old 02-09-2014, 02:11 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Some personal experiences and stats:

1. I have generated less revenue in 4 months on Windows/Blackberry combined than I do in 1 day on iOS.

2. I earn the same amount of revenue in 1 week on Google Play as I do in 1 day on iOS.

3. I earn more money for paid apps on Amazon than on Google Play.

The reason why Amazon seems to be generating better revenue than Google Play is for a few reasons:

a. They have experience in the retail market and like iOS require users to have a valid credit card/form of payment. Google Play does not.

b. Their users are not opposed to paying for Apps. The majority of Google Play is opposed to this. It's a total free to play economy over in Google Play. It's too bad because developers are forced to flood their apps w/ Ads and In App Purchases. I have no success with premium on Google Play. As an indie it's better to monetize with Ads and IAP on Google Play, as that is what the customer expects.

c. Amazon has some nice promotional incentives for developers including their developer select program as well as featured marketing requests.

Now this is all based on my experiences. I'm sure other developers have different results. I would love to see some other stats.