iPhone Baldur's Gate 2: Enhanced Edition

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Taeles, Aug 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    http://kotaku.com/baldurs-gate-2-enhanced-edition-out-november-15-1228330550

http://baldursgateii.com/

The Final Chapter - Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition includes Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn and Baldur's Gate II: Throne of Bhaal, the epic conclusion of the Bhaalspawn saga.

Four New Party Members - Bundled with the PC and Mac versions and available as DLC for iPad and Android, four new characters can join you on your journey. At the behest of his dark patron, Dorn Il-Khan plunders and defiles the Sword Coast. Hunted by Red Wizards, Neera the Wild Mage evades and disrupts the Thayans at every turn. Exercising his growing combat mastery, the monk Rasaad yn Bashir leaves his former allies to hunt the dark figure that corrupted his brother. A mysterious thief in service to mysterious master seeks powerful artifacts from across the globe. Recruit them, use their powers, and uncover over 30 new locations.

The Black Pits 2: Gladiators of Thay - Explore the tactical depth of high-level Dungeons & Dragons combat. Undermine your captors and prey upon their weaknesses while you dodge traps and battle for your life against Demi-Liches, Mind Flayers, and Githyanki.

Easy Multiplayer - Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition makes it easy to find, list, and join multiplayer games, even while behind a firewall.
    Widescreen and More - Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition features full widescreen support, remastered area artwork from original renders, and a host of other interface and gameplay improvements.

Looks like november 15th for pc/mac and ios/android to follow.

2. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
  3. lepke

lepke Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2013
    Japan
    Having played both games on pc with expansions to death I love it but... I am still cautious and have yet to buy first one on iPad because... I also remember all the issues, bugs, glitches and other problems these games had, some game breaking but on pc all can be fixed with editors, mods, patches... But on iOS, a port, has anyone been able to finish the game yet? Sorry if ignorant regarding this title and company on iOS and would appreciate an answer or 2.

4. Pivi

Pivi Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2013
    I've finished the first one on my iPad4, and loved every minute of it. There were some minor control issues and some small bugs, but the game was perfectly enjoyable and playable. Also, as I know another patch is on the way for BG1:EE too, so they'll patch up the iOS port even more.

5. dbagga84

dbagga84 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    I still don't even know what kind of game this is, is it strategy? An action RPG? How do the battles play out? Is it click and attack? Or like those games where you click the enemy and he auto attacks until someone dies?

6. Nobunaga

Nobunaga Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    Use youtube. Lots of videos of the game. They can tell you more than I can.

7. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    My favorite of the series! Can't wait!

8. jamessh1

jamessh1 Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2012
    I felt the same way. I never saw r played the PC originals but I just finished BGEE on my iPad 2 yesterday after some 60plus hours!

The most fun I've had on my iPad :)

9. Gilgilad

Gilgilad Well-Known Member

May 15, 2013
    #9 Gilgilad, Sep 9, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2013
    This is an RPG, using the same rules as paper Dungeon's and Dragons. There is a lot of strategy and the gameplay can be very challenging, especially if you have your difficulty setting adjusted correctly for appropriate challenge. If you are used to lame JRPGs that are very basic, with linear story and limited combat that is very grindy, then this is the other extreme end of the spectrum because it is very deep and the gameplay is very open world, without any grinding you can spend 120+ hours on the game just doing all the side quests and exploring everything. The view is overhead and the characters move around freely like a RTS and you have six party members total. The rules are based on dungeons and dragons so if you are familiar with those than you are a step ahead already. As you move your characters around the map and/or towns, if an aggressive NPC comes in sight, you can pause the game and issue orders to each individual character. Combat is carried out in real time and you pause the game when needing to issue orders. For instance you might click on the fighter and tell him to auto-attack the enemy priest, click the thief and hide in the shadows so you can try to sneak him around to flank another enemy, your cleric can bless your allies, and then you can tell you Mage to AoE fireball the area. Since the fireball AoE can damage your own characters, positioning, timing, and placement are all extremely important. You might be in the middle of the town when a fight happens and you have to be careful not to torch innocent NPCs standing around.

IMO Baldur's Gate is the greatest RPG series ever created on any platform, and I compare every other RPG I play to Baldur's Gate so take that for what it is worth. IGN placed BGII as the 3rd best RPG of all time any platform in their top 100 RPG list, even ahead of Pokémon, WoW, Mass Effect, KOTOR, FFT, Diablo, and all of the Final Fantasy games except FFVI. http://www.ign.com/top/rpgs/3

10. Palmer_Eldritch

Sep 10, 2013
    Looks quite promising. I wish Arcanum could get ported like that, but that seems impossible given that Troika does not exist anymore.

11. pka4916

pka4916 Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    Isn't this suppose to come out on Nov 15th ?

12. biokid

biokid Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Wop Wops
    PC version is coming out today, but the Ipad version is not ready yet and haven't been submitted to Apple. The developer is currently fixing a few final bugs before submitting it to Apple.

13. Bool Zero

Dec 14, 2010
    I loved Arcanum, if the very least for the setting! Steampunk done right! And a great game to boot!

14. Bool Zero

Dec 14, 2010
    I concur! Literally makes my short list for best RPGs of all time, and I've played a lot of the over the past four decades!

15. famousringo

famousringo Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2011
    Their timeline for BG2 is PC version on 15th, Mac version sometime after that, iOS after that, then they plan to release BG1 and 2 on Android. They say they hope to be done all that by Christmas, which in itself seems unlikely, but I also hear that Apple shuts the door on app submissions for the holidays.

Beamdog might very well have the game ready on iOS by Christmas, but be unable to release until after the holidays.

Not a big deal for me, since I'm waiting for the big BG1 patch before I dig deeper into the series.

16. famousringo

famousringo Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2011
    There are a couple of interface issues on iOS, but nothing crippling, and the game itself is the least buggy version of BG ever, incorporating the community bug fixes and then going well beyond that. Honestly, Beamdog is putting a level of polish into their enhanced game that no studio in the heyday of the Infinity Engine could match.

17. jamessh1

jamessh1 Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2012
    Granted I never played bg1 on PC, the iPad version on my second gen played out just fine. I don't even have the latest update neveind the one still pending.

Very few crashes. Sown slowdown during spells in battle. Zero deal breakers. About 70 hours clocked for playtime. Zero regrets

If anyone hears an iPad release update for BG2EE can they share it here? Posting on the official BG forums is a lost cause for getting iOS answers!

18. biokid

biokid Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Wop Wops
    #18 biokid, Dec 8, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
    Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition II was submitted to Apple a few hours ago (Source: Twitter).

19. Yagami_Light

Yagami_Light Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    I wish they would just put BG1 on other devices already. I'd love to play it on my Nexus 7.

20. eugenemcardle

eugenemcardle Well-Known Member

May 21, 2013
    Retired, Math/Science Teacher, Air Force Electron
    Redcliffe Queensland Australia
    I believe the patch for BG1:EE has also been submitted. Time to reset my iPads! Yes!!!