iPad Pocket Heroes - (by Ayopa Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Jul 11, 2012.

1. stutz

stutz Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2009
    I've been trying for two days to get this game to work and my excitement has been fading by the hour. I have all lower case letters in my email and am unable to connect with my freind. This seriously needs a fix ASAP since I probably will delete this soon if I can't get a game started. Any plans on an update? Anything I should be doing?

2. jbills

jbills Active Member

Jun 3, 2011
    Somewhere
    What about games without a priest? I do not have one, I am a rogue and am being swarmed by 6 enemies.

3. Comassion

Comassion Well-Known Member

May 23, 2009
    I'd run for the exit. Or you're probably gonna die!

4. Brandon Pollet

Brandon Pollet Well-Known Member

These are all great suggestions. I'm definitely going to try and revamp the tutorial, thanks!

5. Brandon Pollet

Probably this. You'll get the chance to restart from the last campsite and you'll retain all your progress. Hopefully you'll fair better next time.

What level are in? I'd like to know where people are having trouble so I can work to address it.

6. Brandon Pollet

Stutz,

I'm sending you a PM to try and help. Sorry about the trouble you're having.

7. Comassion

May 23, 2009
    So far I'm liking the challenge. I ran into tough opposition on quest 3 with just a Paladin and a Rogue (and that poor rogue is still stuck with the starting bow - newbie paladin friggin' sold the one he found, and we haven't found another since), but we pushed through it and are now clearing the caverns in quest 4. That's my farthest character. I have a couple in various parts of quest 3, and have completed quest 2 with several, and so far nobody's died (me or my teammates), except possibly on quest 1 when I think I saw a couple 'New character is dying' messages, but not being close to them I don't know what happened.

8. Brandon Pollet

Awesome to hear! The difficulty definitely ramps up in Quests 3 and 4 as you start fighting different enemy types and mixes.

That 'New Character is Dying' message is something that we're going to fix.

9. Comassion

May 23, 2009
    The other messaging you'll want to fix is messages related to abilities. For Camouflage (rogue), the turn after it says something like 'Rogue takes 5 damage from evasion'. It should be something like 'Rogue's evasion lowers by 5', as 'Damage' implies actual HP damage, not damage to abilities.

The other odd ability I noticed was the 'Horn' ability (for the Mechie). I think it just damages me, which doesn't seem particularly helpful.

10. Brandon Pollet

Haha WOW! That is a lot of problems all in one level. Shoot me a PM if you want me to take a look at your character I can get you back to a normal gold level.

11. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    A friend of mine just found a secret something in our game.
    FREAKING AMAZING.

It's like I've been thrown back like 20 years ago, getting the very same vibes from old D&D sessions.

Later in the game things really picks up along with the difficulty.
    I LOVE IT.

12. Comassion

May 23, 2009
    It's all good, I've found some additional gold and I'm all the way back up to -2 gp, and the equipment I bought when my gold was artificially high has likely made this my most powerful character (defensively, at least).

That said, I'll still send you a PM in case the server records for the game can help you track down the bug.

13. Brandon Pollet

Yup, ability messages are on the list. The Horn ability has a screwed up message but it actually finds all the enemies that are nearby and sets you as their target. It's there to draw in attacks.

14. Comassion

May 23, 2009
    Yes, but is it supposed to also hurt you when you use it? Because it's doing that to me - 6 hp lost each time I've tried it.

15. VanderLegion

VanderLegion Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2012
    I think I was in that game as well, if not another one that was eerily similar. I dropped the original longbow (can't recall if I got it in the first level or someone dropped it in quest 2 and I picked it up and dropped it again or something), but almost every turn after that I'd end up having a longbow equipped and my melee weapon back in my inventory (as a mechie). When the longbow was equipped it DID give me the shoot option, I was tempted to keep it and try it out :p.

16. hobbitrjw27

hobbitrjw27 Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2010
    I'm glad to hear the tutorial is going to get a overhaul.

It is my Paladin that is down to only 6 HP,and you are going to love this fact. I have two games going,one as the Paladin and the other as the Mechie. both characters have picked up random drops from enemies in the tutorial (my games are slow moving but thats fine with me) one was gold and the other was a potion.....unfortunatley for my Paladin it is the Mechie who is kicking enemy butt that got the potion.

So far I have no issues with joining another person's party I just wish I could create my own,but still a crash interferes with that. I hope you get that fixed too Brandon.

This game might someday get me into D&D but from even looking at the D&D website it looks pretty complicated and looks like you need to have a lot of stuff and know a lot of rules to the game.....maybe someday.

Brandon,did you say that the results from attacks are random as well,if so how did you make them random?

17. turakm

turakm Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    happy I chose to get the game.

the potential is great, yeah there are some things that need to be added (what class the other people are) but really nice job doing something different

Congrats developers, you did well.

18. bigred447uk

bigred447uk Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    Do you know what ?! I just love how my priestess waves her robed arms about. The more I play the more I love this game !

Only got about four active games and only two moving at speed but I'm getting really into it now.

Glad to hear it gets hard with a few surprises too !

19. Pezmage

Pezmage Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Semi-out of work Lawyer
    Bay Area, California
    Is there a recruit or add-me thread? I'm thinking about getting this game but am kind of afraid that I missed the boat and at this point everyone is teamed up or knows everything that's going to happen.

20. Comassion

May 23, 2009
    The two Mechies in the game with me are Shakar and Kommsar, and I think I did add you on GC early on, so it may well be the same game.

Also - if that IS you, make use of the chat some eh? :p I'm talking in a vacuum in that game. I'm quite pleased that we're doing as well as we are with no healing.