Crescent Moon and Ayopa could fill in gaps left by gameloft

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by klarence, Apr 24, 2012.

1. klarence

klarence Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    IMO, gameloft is the company who make the IOS gaming is what IOS gaming is,to some extent---you may disagree with me--- anyway, a significant number of BIG IOS games---especially IOS exclusive ones--- were created by gameloft in a short period.
    And we lost this service from last November. And the big title drought one or two months ago or even now this year is kind of gameloft games drought in fact.
    We can easily tell many games from other developers including ones from Crescent Moon and Ayopa is way better than gameloft's.Which I mean is they devoted more love and passion into their games.
    But they're still can't compete with the fastfood games from gameloft. Usually they may don't have the budget to make a really big game I guess. The games of gameloft maybe boring, but they're so complete and none can compete with them in the app store.
    Even EA is a shrinked games maker compared to gameloft. Real Racing 2 maybe better in some aspects compared to asphalt but it's incomplete.
    Anyway, Crescent Moon and Ayopa are getting better and better, and they are the ones keep tring to make big premium games. I hope they would fill in gaps left by gameloft in the near future.
    One more word for gamevil, I think this company already has the ability to creat some RPG even better than SE if they make premium games instead of their free games.
    Which I mean is look at Mole kart from Taomee, nowdays these small or new developers has the same or even more powerful ability to make same quality games with old famous companys and they know how to make a good game.
    But they just don't do that for some reasons.
    I dunno why gamevil keep making free games, for more money or they don't have the reputation to sell premium games?

2. MightyRabbitJosh

MightyRabbitJosh Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2011
    Programmer and Designer at Mighty Rabbit Studios
    Holly Springs, NC
    I don't know exactly where you are going with this thread but I feel the need to point out that both Crescent Moon and Ayopa publish games made by outside studios (Crescent Moon does in house stuff, too, but they are moving into outside stuff recently). You're bound to find a significantly higher amount of passion in a third party title than you would in something manufactured in-house at Gameloft.

We're good friends with Lab Rats Studio (who published M.U.S.E. with Ayopa), and I can personally attest to the amount of blood and sweat they put into their game. They were truly passionate about what they were building. You're just not going to get that kind of passion if you're developing a game in-house at a studio like Gameloft - for a number of reasons.

3. sikichi

sikichi Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2009
    日本人
    gamevil on zenonia 4 does get big money because of IAP, you can add stats,skill in return of your money as well as other stuff :3 70$ is not enough

gameloft make money thru just changing the graphics of game, almost all shooting game of gameloft have all the same UI with different skin :3

EA make game but have attitude of not fixing bugs of theyre
    game for example BIA :3

com2us have other good game but on theyre homerun 2 is kinda MoNEy thing but its your choice thou :3, same with The World of Magic were they just change the pet stats like old pet is 24hp and new pet is 26 and charge you 5$ :3

indie dev are more good at making games but the sad thing is :( they dont get the credit they deserved to get