King of Casual Games Contest with 100K prize

Discussion in 'Developer Services and Trade' started by bmc, May 16, 2011.

1. bmc

bmc New Member

Apr 5, 2011
    Hey

The company I work for (Gogii Games) just launched a new contest at http://contest.gogiigames.com

The prize is a 100K publishing contract. We are looking for casual game submissions, and are especially interested in games for iOS as it's a new area we are moving into.

2. mr.Ugly

mr.Ugly Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Berlin, Germany

you really expect entrants to send you their source code? not the winner who gets the publishing contract but everyone? really weird rule there.

3. jogo

jogo Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2011
    libraries could mean apparchives from which you can sign and distribute.

4. bmc

bmc New Member

Apr 5, 2011
    #4 bmc, May 16, 2011
    Last edited: May 16, 2011
    I did not notice that. I asked about it, and basically we just need to be able to play the game on a device. You could package up your code in a library, or just request a device ID and create an ad-hoc build for us.

The info on the site has been changed to reflect this.

I should mention though that we are a very established company in the casual sector, and if we liked something enough we would just make an offer to the developer.

5. mr.Ugly

mr.Ugly Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
    i did not question your integrity.. just found this odd because that would limit there interest in your contest, because i doubt alot would opt for handing out their source code and for testing that would not be nessecary as there is the adhoc method avaiable for such things.

6. bmc

bmc New Member

Apr 5, 2011
    Just wanted to put it out there ...

I wasn't aware of the rule (as I wasn't responsible for writing them) and I do see how you would find it strange as I would've as well :) It's been changed.