iPhone Pocket Galaxy (SCI-FI MMORPG)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by simplemindead, Apr 26, 2013.

1. simplemindead

simplemindead Active Member

Apr 26, 2013
    #1 simplemindead, Apr 26, 2013
    Last edited: May 31, 2013

The game is in closed beta so you'll need a beta key to participate. Message their Facebook page for a beta key. Currently you can play Android and through the browser. iOS version will be coming.

Because it's in beta, you will notice unfinished content, freezes, bugs, etc. Fairly stable at the moment and decent amount of content. There's two servers, US and Europe; and two factions. I'm on US, Shard side. :)

Looks like this will be a free to play game with IAPs. At the moment the IAPs are for virtual currency—which allows you to buy items(ships, equipment, ammo, etc), upgrade items(ships and equipment), and instantize timers(refining mined resources, manufacturing items). All items can be bought through the non-premium currency though. Upgrades can be earned through playing. Again, the game is still in beta so things may change(for better or for worse; hopefully not the latter).

For gameplay controls you have your typical dual joysticks; however the left one shoots out a targeting field and your weapon only fires when an enemy target is within that field. This makes it easier and more of an on-the-go mobile game.

Like the soundtrack—one track mainly and the others fit the game well.

2. Game.PN

Game.PN Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    Going to the prison called "School"
    Earth,Milky Way
    Hey how to install it into iOS?

3. grenadedodger

grenadedodger Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2010
    Manchester, UK
    First part of the trailer I thought, so far so Vendetta online, but then the actual gameplay video looks quite cool, like a simplified version of combat etc. Will check this out.

4. Cromwell

Cromwell Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2011
    Selfemployed PC Service technican
    Cologne, Germany
    I will give it a try, too! But I have to go to on the EU server because I am from Germany

5. simplemindead

Apr 26, 2013
    @Game.PN I mentioned in my opening post that you'll need to email [email protected] to try an get an ad-hoc provision if you want to play on iOS. You should include the UDID of your device in the email. I think devs aren't allowed to release beta apps on the App Store and because the game is still in beta at the moment, the only official way to play on an iOS device is by getting an ad-hoc provision profile. Devs are limited to 100 and registered provisions can only be removed annually so devs are selective in handing them out.

6. Game.PN

Apr 18, 2013
    Earth,Milky Way
    #6 Game.PN, May 1, 2013
    Last edited: May 1, 2013
    Can you make an example?

7. simplemindead

Apr 26, 2013
    An example what? An email you would send them? Here's what I sent:

Of course I changed the UDID quote above from my actual UDID. The email is intentionally brief since I'm banking on my belief that I'm one of the higher levelled players so I have a good chance that way.

I'm guessing, with no real basis, that the game will be out in the iOS App Store in 1-3 months. So even if you don't have an Android tablet, you can still play the game through the browser version.

8. Game.PN

Apr 18, 2013
    Earth,Milky Way
    Are you playing in the iOS?

9. simplemindead

Apr 26, 2013
    Actually, no. I sent the email a few days back but haven't received a reply yet. The game's in beta so that's normal. Hardware-wise my Android tablet is superior so I'm content with playing on there though.

10. simplemindead

Apr 26, 2013
    There's only a few days left to submit your entry for a planet name. Actually the duration for this contest is rather short; about 4 days. Details can be found on the official forum.

Aside from the name you choose being possibly immortalized in the game, winners will be awarded a beta key. Or maybe 2? One for your friend as well? At least that's what the post on their Facebook page seem to suggest.

11. simplemindead

Apr 26, 2013
    Luckily the contest duration was short and there were few entries—which I'm sure helped in making me one of the winners. Yay! :D I already got a key from before and now I have 2 more.

Anyone that doesn't have access to the game and wants to check it out, leave a reply and I'll send the first two members the keys I got. Preferably one key per person.

12. Unfrozen

Unfrozen Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 11, 2011
    Canada
    Congratulations. I love contests like this, really gets the community fired up. I'll take one of those codes, please.

13. sbxsat

sbxsat Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2011
    Wouldn'tmind trying this out if you still have a spare code.

14. simplemindead

Apr 26, 2013
    PMs sent! Hopefully an update will be released fairly soon, since I haven't been in the game for a few weeks or so because I have all of the current beta content covered. Then you'll see me in-game. :p

15. Unfrozen

Unfrozen Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 11, 2011
    Canada
    Thank you. Just firing it up now, I am quite excited.

16. simplemindead

Apr 26, 2013
    Game was updated to v0.91 on Friday. :cool: Lots of new stuff and improvements! Check it out for those that have access to the beta but haven't been on in a while. There's no update log at this time so here's a brief list of what the update contains:
    • UI tweaks & new graphics
    • Free daily Solars
    • More PVP and faction sectors
    • Generators and Robots can be added to your ship
    • Nukes added! :D
    • Game more stable
    The update fixed alot of things but also adds new quirks so you may want to be aware of those. ;) Also, I've updated my strategy guide for v0.94 so you may want to check that as well.

Originally the game was supposed to be on the iOS App Store, with an Android release following shortly afterward. However it's currently available on the Android Play Store but still nada on iOS. Those with only an iOS device, guess you'll have to stick to the browser version for now.

17. Cromwell

Jun 25, 2011
    Cologne, Germany
    #17 Cromwell, May 28, 2013
    Last edited: May 28, 2013
    Could you make it available for the Blackberry Playbook on BlackBerryWorld?
    I tried the online version, but it doesn't recognise PB's flash player or the version is too old.
    Shouldn't be so difficult to make a .bar file out of the .apk file, there is even an online converter available.
    I got a beta key, but I fear that it will not run or only slowly on my iPad1, so I would like to try it on BB PB.

18. simplemindead

Apr 26, 2013
    Not sure if any of the staff checks here so you may want to also post that in the official forum.

Personally, I think the the Blackberry ecosystem is doing much more attractive than it was a few months back. So I think there's a better chance now of a Blackberry port; however if this turns out to be the case, it'll probably be later down the road. The game is still currently in beta after all.

19. Cromwell

Jun 25, 2011
    Cologne, Germany
    #19 Cromwell, May 29, 2013
    Last edited: May 29, 2013
    Hm, "nice" forum there. I got banned on it because of "bot posting" something....
    WTF? I just made the same request as here. When I came back I was banned. But for what?
    I didn't even posted any links, nor did I use a signature or made any advertisments etc.... lol
    I will complain on their FB page.
    I am so angry....

20. Game.PN

Apr 18, 2013
    Earth,Milky Way
    This game is in android and coming soon to iOS