Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Lounge

Old 06-03-2014, 03:47 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 4

All of a sudden I'm dying for an upgrade. LOL. Been looking at the page for Westone W30s (triple-driver - my UM2s are dual-driver) for a little while. Or W40s. Ugh. Maybe I'm a golden ears. LOL. No way I'd pay for the W60s, though. $1k? You've got be kidding me! But really, when I think about how long these headphones have lasted me the W30 or even W40s don't seem THAT expensive and I'd like a sound quality upgrade over what I have now. They now have replaceable cables, so there's that if you ever do break the cable. Also, unlike mine, they now have controls for iPhone/iPod (and they said Android with optional cable).

But realistically speaking I don't have the funds. So this is just kind of painful.
Old 06-03-2014, 08:59 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

I have some Ultimate Ear 10s that are great, but the best cans I have enjoyed, and now own are the Sennheiser 600s.

I have some Shure in ear that are a few years old, but sturdy, noise isolating, and great for the gym (sturdy).

Get a good headphone amp (the O2 built by JDS labs is excellent, although totally flat), listen to a good source -NOT compressed mp3s, and enjoy!
Old 06-04-2014, 01:44 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

For music, others maybe better, but for thumping arcade bass and video games, I think Sony x10's are the best by far. Far better than beats.
Old 06-04-2014, 08:19 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
For music, others maybe better, but for thumping arcade bass and video games, I think Sony x10's are the best by far. Far better than beats.
I have owned several sets of various Sony (the MDR V6 were great). I would caution people that the headphone manufacturers know they can amplify the bass, and then use cheap components for midrange and highs because the bass drums out the other portions. It's better to get good all around equipment and then use equalizers or other processing equipment to increase the bass. I'm a big bass fan - I play bass and firmly believe it's the only real important instrument , but people can pay a lot of money for equipment that is most priced by popularity than actual component and design costs. In the long run, better to get good equipment that is versatile. IMHO of course.
Old 06-04-2014, 08:29 PM
Banned
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Guys, I've managed to get hold of the AKG K3003i for half the price! Will show you pics soon and some feedback on the sound!
Old 06-04-2014, 10:10 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by pluto6 View Post
I have owned several sets of various Sony (the MDR V6 were great). I would caution people that the headphone manufacturers know they can amplify the bass, and then use cheap components for midrange and highs because the bass drums out the other portions. It's better to get good all around equipment and then use equalizers or other processing equipment to increase the bass. I'm a big bass fan - I play bass and firmly believe it's the only real important instrument , but people can pay a lot of money for equipment that is most priced by popularity than actual component and design costs. In the long run, better to get good equipment that is versatile. IMHO of course.
Yeah, that is probably obviously true, but it is hard to carry a stereo receiver, equalizer, and a power generator in your backpack.

The Sony X10s come with a cool collapsible carrying pack too. The bass is just amazing on the X10s, great for video games. True not as much for music, but for me, I game more than listen to music.

But I hear you.
Old 06-04-2014, 10:34 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
Yeah, that is probably obviously true, but it is hard to carry a stereo receiver, equalizer, and a power generator in your backpack.

The Sony X10s come with a cool collapsible carrying pack too. The bass is just amazing on the X10s, great for video games. True not as much for music, but for me, I game more than listen to music.

But I hear you.
You can get portable amps CMOY that are the size of an Altoid can and weigh a couple ounces that will run you 30- 50. Your idevixce has a built in equalizer - problem solved. Anyways, whatever works and you are happy with.