Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 06-20-2014, 01:53 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

If it goes ad supported, then I hope there's a way for people like us that have supported this with our money to get rid of ads. If not, I guess I won't update the app. I have plenty of games that I play online, so that would not even really entice me to "upgrade" to an ad-supported version.
Old 06-24-2014, 06:16 AM
Developer
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Dear fellow Toucharcaders, (and must I say most beloved supporters <3),

First, sorry for the long delay before answering, I'm actually being timesucked by my dayjob, which leaves me less and less time for upgrades. That being said :

- If an ad-supported version would come to iOS, I definitely won't force it to already paid versions. I don't want any shady practice in KineticDamage, as paid versions already supported the game's development anyway, and I'm very grateful for that. Actually the transition from Paid to new Ad-free version would be tricky, because they would be 2 different apps, one having to communicate with the other that it doesn't need ads. I'll find a way through, though.

- I submitted yesterday the long due upgrade for iOS Game Controller support, some minor bug fixes, and also cranked up the AI difficulty a bit. Basically the higher the AI level is, the more strength, vitality, and resistance the char will have. This also works for partners, which will make them more valuable. After some extensive tests, CPU opponents are definitely more challenging, more interesting (even from Intermediate level).

- About KineticDamage's future : I'm not giving up about multiplayer. It would be a waste as the netcode is 99% already implemented. So I'm entering a phase where I'll approach different studios to find if there could be any kind of potential collaborations for putting KD to higher grounds, multiplayer included. First one has been Ubisoft.

Other plans are too vague or unsure to be shared here, but I'm maturing a lot of different options.

Once again thank you for your incredible support guys, you're the reason why such independant projects exist.

Best regards,
Ben

Last edited by KineticDamage; 06-26-2014 at 06:12 AM..
Old 06-24-2014, 08:24 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Thanks for the update. Looking forward to checking out the new version! And good luck with getting your plans to fruition.
Old 06-25-2014, 03:56 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

AHHHHH!!! The update's live!!!!!!
Old 06-27-2014, 01:19 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Ben,

No worries. Keep up the good work.

Also, did you play the new EA Sports UFC? (It reminds of Kinetic Damage as far as your health being your stamina*energy*)

I wish you success with your Ubisoft endeavor. FYI: Microsoft & Sony both have that indie developer thing going on - if you want to pump out content for they're systems. I would LOVE to play KD on my Xbox One and my 80' TV!
Old 06-27-2014, 10:27 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by squashy View Post
I actually think it's a good choice. Ads are way better than timers or second currency (imagine energy bar, gems to unlock fighter or fighting style in KD... ewww). If the dev has to make convert his game to freemium, this is the least insulting way to do it.

I still embrace Dong Nguyen's idea: ads are suitable for mobile games. I mean think about it, who needs to play a fighting mobile game online? Well, multiplayer is yet to be added anyway.
Release. A. Seperate. Version.
Old 07-03-2014, 08:43 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

Thank you so so so much for the update! The game plays GREAT on my MOGA!! Thank you so much for letting us set up the button configuration. Also having the on-screen controls invisible, the gameplay area looks so much better, it's great having all that extra screen space, especially in a fighting game. The pause button doesn't pause the game though, and menus are still tap navigate only (for anyone wondering), but the gameplay is great.

The AI bump is also awesome. Pre-update I was just about able to beat the 250 characters in the sparring section around 75% of the time. But now... I'm about that with the 200's, and around 10% vs. the 250's. It's nice knowing I've still got quite a bit of improvement to go. Dunno if I'll ever be able to hit around 80% @ 250, but... I can hope. =oP
Old 07-04-2014, 03:38 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyskull View Post
Release. A. Seperate. Version.
I kinda agree here.
In the very least, an ad removal IAP please.
Old 07-15-2014, 05:27 PM
Developer
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by saansilt View Post
I kinda agree here.
In the very least, an ad removal IAP please.
You don't have to worry about having ads in your paid version, my friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by odi0n View Post
Ben,

No worries. Keep up the good work.

Also, did you play the new EA Sports UFC? (It reminds of Kinetic Damage as far as your health being your stamina*energy*)

I wish you success with your Ubisoft endeavor. FYI: Microsoft & Sony both have that indie developer thing going on - if you want to pump out content for they're systems. I would LOVE to play KD on my Xbox One and my 80' TV!
Thank you Odion ! I read a lot of UFC reviews, looked very neat, but now you got me interested !
And I'll definitely try a lot of studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
Thank you so so so much for the update! The game plays GREAT on my MOGA!! Thank you so much for letting us set up the button configuration. Also having the on-screen controls invisible, the gameplay area looks so much better, it's great having all that extra screen space, especially in a fighting game. The pause button doesn't pause the game though, and menus are still tap navigate only (for anyone wondering), but the gameplay is great.

The AI bump is also awesome. Pre-update I was just about able to beat the 250 characters in the sparring section around 75% of the time. But now... I'm about that with the 200's, and around 10% vs. the 250's. It's nice knowing I've still got quite a bit of improvement to go. Dunno if I'll ever be able to hit around 80% @ 250, but... I can hope. =oP
Thank you Syntheticvoid for your feedback, much appreciated ! If you feel the AI is still not challenging enough, I could find a way to insert some kind of hidden "hardcore" mode I'll keep an eye on players feedback, as always.

Last edited by KineticDamage; 07-15-2014 at 05:47 PM..
Old 07-21-2014, 08:51 AM
Developer
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by saansilt View Post
Did you also fix the back jump exploit?
I finally spotted the problem, and it's now completely fixed
Will push the fix in a mini-update this weekend.