iPhone Monstaaa! [Universal] - Beautiful painterly graphics & great tilt controls

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Maciej@PixelElephant, May 15, 2012.

1. Maciej@PixelElephant

Maciej@PixelElephant Active Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Game developer
    Melbourne, Australia
    #1 Maciej@PixelElephant, May 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2012
    [​IMG]

COMING 29th of May, 2012

Name: Monstaaa!
    Developer: Pixel Elephant

Game's Facebook page

Intro

Monstaaa is hungry, always hungry... He's lived his whole life in a cave and the only things he loves are his bugs. Or rather... he loves eating them! Tilt your device to help Monstaaa and feed him some delicious bugs.

About

Monstaaa! is an original physics based puzzle game with simple tilt controls and beautiful painterly graphics.

The base game-play mechanic is very simple - just tilt your device to change the world gravity and make all of the bugs fall down into Monstaaa's mouth. However, there's numerous deadly obstacles that stand on your way - from smashing stones and locked down areas through deadly fire and spikes to winds and fire balls. Things get even more interesting when dealing with multiple bugs at the same time or with bugs that grow over time or with bugs that eat other bugs! All in all, there is a lot of gameplay variety and each level has something truly unique.

Monstaaa! will be released as a universal iOS app with support for iCloud.

Highlights

* Innovative and fun gameplay mechanics
    * Incredibly simple controls
    * Heaps of awesome levels and more coming soon... for free!
    * Beautiful painterly graphics
    * Lovable character
    * Realistic physics
    * Bone-collecting challenge
    * Fairy tale style audio
    * Game Center and Open Feint achievements and leaderboard
    * iCloud support to share savegame across all iOS devices

Development

The game has been developed by a bunch of game industry veterans headed by myself (Maciej Sawitus) over the period of 6 months.

After one of the largest game development studios from Australia - Blue Tongue - was shut down by THQ in 2011, I decided to start my own game development company and that's how Pixel Elephant was born. Monstaaa! development started shortly after that with myself (ex Blue Tongue / THQ senior programmer) being primary developer on the project. I have designed and coded majority of the game, my wife, Malgorzata (currently programmer at Firemint / Electronic Arts), helped a lot during initial design phase, Drew Morrow (ex Blue Tongue / THQ senior artist) did some really outstanding work on the drawings and animations side and Kpow Audio (ex audio guys at Team Bondi / Rockstar Games) helped with sound effects. Besides, many of our friends helped out with testing and provided tons of priceless feedback during development. Without them, the game wouldn't have been as good.

Screenshots

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Icon

[​IMG]

Preview Trailer

Game website
    Game's Facebook page
    Twitter

Developer's blog

Hope you like the game! :)

Maciej Sawitus (Pixel Elephant)

2. Dizko

Dizko Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2011
    Designer
    Philadelphia
    Looks nice!

3. Maciej@PixelElephant

Oct 25, 2011
    Game developer
    Melbourne, Australia
    #3 Maciej@PixelElephant, May 27, 2012
    Last edited: May 28, 2012
    Glad you like it! :)

Just a heads up. To celebrate the launch of Monstaaa! I'm also going to make my other game Puzzled Rabbit free for a limited time.

4. Maciej@PixelElephant

Oct 25, 2011
    Game developer
    Melbourne, Australia
  5. saiyukialex

saiyukialex Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Shanghai, China
    The game is very interesting and fun!

6. pachinkopix

pachinkopix Active Member

Jan 19, 2012
    indie game designer/artist/animator
    Melbourne
    Really love this game!

I've been playing it for the last couple of days since it came out, and I think it's awesome. Brilliant gameplay and awesome graphics, and a really original feel.