Art, Apps, and my need to Consume

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by dim, May 14, 2010.

1. dim

dim Member

Feb 16, 2009
    I wonder if anyone here can help me...
    I am thoroughly enjoying the just released Kometen and was wondering if there are other apps out there that are in the same vein. Apps that are more about the experience, visual based (even if it is minimalistic, like Eliss), something you would consider 'artsy'.

Some apps that come to mind for me are Zen Bound, Eliss, Zwirn, the upcoming Sword & Sworcery EP and eboy fixpix, maybe even something like Thumpies. What else is out there? Thanks in advance!

2. matthewwhatever

matthewwhatever Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2010
    government
    Ottawa, Canada
    Rubehouse?
    Auditorium?

Both focus pretty heavily on the overall look and feel.

3. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
  4. dim

dim Member

Feb 16, 2009
    Hey, thanks for the link!

5. #5 Tocarina, May 14, 2010
    Last edited: May 14, 2010
    Personally, I'm really interested in S:S&S EP, it looks truly amazing, and I think it delivers the kind of feeling that you are describing. I wish the devs were on the forum, they tweet daily.

6. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Bombardiers Guild.

Beatufil UI and gameplay. Qualifies as art IMO. But not be exactly what you're looking for, still not checking it out would be a mistake.

7. weedeatinflyincougar

weedeatinflyincougar Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    I read through that first paragraph thinking Zen Bound the entire time, then I read the second one...

Anyways, Myst comes to mind. It might not be exactly what you're looking for, but it's pretty long and very immersive.

There's also 1112; the episodes are kinda short, but they're fun.

8. Videotape

Videotape Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2009
    student, journeyman
    pallet town
    Enviro Bear
    Edge
    Lit Line

Edge is a great game with a great style and production; the other two are good games but phenomenal as an experience and overall package