Let Them Come Off Topic Discussion

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by #Bonk3rZ, Jan 9, 2018.

1. #Bonk3rZ

#Bonk3rZ Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2014
    top of the world
    #1 #Bonk3rZ, Jan 9, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
    So, apart from greedy developers trying to get your two bucks without delivering iphoneX or mfi support - anyone actually played this yet and can tell how this translates to iphone? The steam reviews are quite positive ...

Edit: this post is now out of context, but was obviously meant to be sarcastic.

2. esty8nine

esty8nine Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Why would you even call a dev Greedy for working on a game for years and releasing it for 2 bucks.... blows my mind

3. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    every release now it's iPhone Xers crying and whining smh

4. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Never called the developer greedy. I’m a big believer in Premium games and believe they games should be paid for vs free. Asked a question with no whining or complaining. That’s the purpose of a forum.

5. #Bonk3rZ

Mar 20, 2014
    top of the world

You're totally right, and maybe I'm not in the best mood today. On the other hand, when I read sentences like
    I can't help but think Thank god he don't want him to dance for those two bucks. Dang, you don't even get a proper coffee for that money ...

6. araczynski

araczynski Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2009
    programmer
    omaha, ne
    the iphoneX s**t is getting old, but then again its the same thing every time apple decides to frack with the formats.

everyone and their dog doesn't rush out to buy the latest/greatest each time apple takes a dump, so the ratio of iphoneX users to iphoneEverythingElse users is very small, most developers don't feel like wasting tons of extra time/salaries/artist fees right off the bat for a tiny market. they'd prefer to release for the majority, see how its received, and then just throw the X support into an update IF the game is received well enough to warrant the expense.

7. pathogen541

pathogen541 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2016
    I wonder what it’s like as a dev to see all these people making complaints and statements such as “greedy dev” or acting like spending $1.99 of your hard earned cash is such a steep investment. You pay more for food from a McDonald’s, yet I don’t see anybody acting high and mighty when they hand you an effed up order.

Be thankful people even take the time to bring their vision to life. I would imagine it hard to find the desire to even continue making games in the face of such constant griping and complaints about how much you expect from a $1.99 purchase. That’s a steal, considering most AAA titles on a console or PC are easily $40.00+

Thank you dev, for putting the time and effort in to bringing your vision to life for us to enjoy, hiccups and all! Look forward to more

8. #Bonk3rZ

Mar 20, 2014
    top of the world
    #8 #Bonk3rZ, Jan 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
    Can't see any hate. Just people struggling with missing iphone X support, people struggling with people complaining about missing iphone X support, people struggling with controls and people struggling with crashes. That's what we are here for. If you want to add something more positive, just do that, instead of talking about "hate" ...

1. See above. 2. If you don't want to read (properly) through all the (four) pages before commenting, I strongly suggest to at least buy yourself a new sarcasm radar (if you ever had one).

(Might have to edit that post with a warning sign. Dang, I would have thought I have a better reputation by now ...)

And please stop telling people what they have to be thankful for. Smh ...

9. pathogen541

pathogen541 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2016
    Wow dude, where’d you get your ability to argue? The fourth grade? You didn’t make any point you just told me to re read the entire thread... which I’ve already done.

I stand by previous statement. Sarcastic retorts and constant criticism is not what we are “here for”. Get over yourself.

10. #Bonk3rZ

Mar 20, 2014
    top of the world
    Apart from the fact that I did make a point - criticizing the way someone argues while badly insulting him in the same sentence: no comment.

That means you quoted me wrong and therefore made me look bad on purpose, even though you knew better, just to make your entrance more dramatic. No comment.

Says the one who likes to insult people for no reason. Or, even worse, to tell them what they have to be thankful for. Well, that one gets a lol ... :rolleyes: