Devs Wanted for Animal Crossing-like Game

Discussion in 'Developer Services and Trade' started by Tap Dat App, Sep 12, 2009.

1. Tap Dat App

Tap Dat App Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Professional Actor
    In the App Store
    #1 Tap Dat App, Sep 12, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2010
    Hey so I also keep having this idea in my mind for the next big hit iPhone/iTouch app. We got Pocket God, MiniGore, Doodle Jump, but now we need Touch Town™ (Previously "U-Universe™"). Basically it has an Animal Crossing-like concept (with Wi-Fi & Peer-to-Peer gameplay enabled), except you can actually have your character post updates onto to Facebook & Twitter from the game. So you can live both a fictional life and your real one at the same freakin time! Lol I want to make it the first big casual serious game. Like not just one you play for about 5 minutes, but not a hardcore game you play for 5 hours either. If you've played Animal Crossing before you should basically get a good idea of what I'm talking about, and if you are interested in providing graphics/art and/or actual coding, I can give you a lot more details on this all. So please leave a comment or PM me cause together we could really go somewhere with this one! =D

(P.S. Payment Specifications and such will be discussed in responses to comment or PM)

UPDATE: Ok so basically I've expanded onto the idea and am thinking about making U-Universe™ into the first ever "app central" as well. Like the characters you get to choose from would be 3D rendered models of characters like Doodler (Doodle Jump), Enviro Bear, John Gore (Mini-Gore), Pygmy (Pocket God), Steve Jobs, etc. If you would like to help me get a hold of such people/creators so that I can get permission/rights and you know a good way to contact them, PM me/comment!

NEW UPDATE: Progress is coming along at a steady rate, which is nice, before we go too much further, the current team wanted to let TA know that we are in desperate need of programmers. They play an essential role in developing a game, so please help us find some or help us yourself. Some 3D Models are Completed, Others are in the Works. Once we find some programmers, we will start trying to input these models in actual game code.

2/7/10 UPDATE: Touch Town™ is going great, just received some donations which should definitely help us with the development process! Released the first 3D Model Element Screenshot today on the latest post and on our Facebook Page. Thanks for all the support so far!

[​IMG]

2. Hmar9333

Hmar9333 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    I might be able to help with artwork, maybe.

3. TheBeastlyNinja

TheBeastlyNinja Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2009
    Computer stuff
    Right behind you
    i could help with art as long as it doesnt need a mac...
    im really good with art on the computer!

4. Hmar9333

Hmar9333 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    Same here.

5. Kyle

Kyle Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Student
    The US
    This game actually sounds really good. I can't help, but good idea. ;)

6. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    I can help, but only with the wsite based stuff. PM me for more info..

7. Weebler

Weebler Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Pennsylvania
    I might be able to help with art. The app sounds great, might I say.

8. Tap Dat App

Aug 28, 2009
    Professional Actor
    In the App Store
    Thanks everyone for the support! I feel really good about all this now and I'm pretty sure we can make it happen! I've had a LOT of offers for help on art & graphics but none for help on actual programming so if you know how to code, help us out! Btw I updated the info about the app with some very interesting/cool stuff so check it out. And I will continue to keep you all posted. =D

9. Weebler

Weebler Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Pennsylvania
    Cool. I will be sure to get this when it comes out, for sure.

10. spidey146

spidey146 Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009
    ive played animal crossing so i know how good this should be and how much are u gonna charge for this bad boy?

11. Kyle

Kyle Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Student
    The US
    If you want to get in contact with Dave (Pocket God Creator). Just post a comment on a blog post at pocketgod.blogspot.com.

12. Tap Dat App

Aug 28, 2009
    Professional Actor
    In the App Store
    Well, if and when I get it out, (which not to disappoint, but could easily not be until the beginning of 2010) the special introductory price will be $1.99 and I will raise it depending on sales. I'm hoping to put out a good quality/nicely polished product so be patient. =)

13. Tap Dat App

Aug 28, 2009
    Professional Actor
    In the App Store
    K so to update everybody, production is still in process, but its gonna take a lot of work so thanks for hanging on in there!! I'll continue to keep you updated, 3D rendering drafts should be finished soon...

14. Gryphon23

Gryphon23 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2009
    McDonalds! French Fries anyone?
    At that place... with those... people...
    I am REALLY excited for this game! I mean, $2 bucks for an animal crossing-style game? What a steal! Post pictures asap!

15. Tap Dat App

Aug 28, 2009
    Professional Actor
    In the App Store
    thanks, I'll try to get them out as soon as I can, and I am as excited about this as you, but I refuse to put the game out unless it is top-notch & well-polished, I don't want to disappoint anyone, and not even myself. So I am working as hard and as long as it will take to make this as amazing as everyone (including myself) hopes it will be. I am still in MAJOR need of serious programmers, please people, even if you yourself don't know how to program, help us get in contact with anyone you know that has programming abilities. This is such a big job and quite a big project, I just hope that we can actually go through with it and get to the day where there will actually be a finished product. Let's hope! Thanks for all the support.

16. Tap Dat App

Aug 28, 2009
    Professional Actor
    In the App Store
    Some new updates: Starting price may now actually be at least $2.99, it really all depends on the quality and polishing level of the final product. I'm trying to make sure it doesn't suck :p and also I am trying my best to get In-App Purchases included, if not with launch, they will appear shortly after.

17. Gryphon23

Gryphon23 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2009
    McDonalds! French Fries anyone?
    At that place... with those... people...
    Honestly, I LOVE animal crossing, so if you make a polished, well thought out, and creative game, with good controls, I'm willing to pay 10 bucks!

18. Tap Dat App

Aug 28, 2009
    Professional Actor
    In the App Store
    Yeah, and now that I realize how long this process is and is going to continue to take, a premium price is more likely to be set if the game is as great as I am aiming for it to be. But I will be smart and throw contests and sales every now and then.

19. Yffum

Yffum Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2009
    I'm good with 2D art, so I could help out for logos, banners, or icons.

Great idea btw. I like AC

20. Blader

Blader Member

Oct 31, 2009
    If you need some music, i'm totally up to it. :)

I may know a few programmers who can work with this too, problem is that they don't own a mac...