Why no programer...

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Kintaro360, Jul 14, 2009.

1. Kintaro360

Kintaro360 Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Vienna
    Why no programmer is creating a Game in our time.
    Like an RPG in a city of nowdays. You could also use cities that haven't been overused like NY, although it would be also fine ^^

For example you could use Vienna, Philadelphia, Bucharest, Bejing, Shanghai, Osaka, Rotterdam ore else...

Why everyone is making either a fantasy, medieval or space setting? That's boring! And I would also like to have a game with much better an complex story then just saving the princess or fighting the endboss.

I would pay 50$ for that game!

Ps.: Take a look at 1112, that's the kind of style it should have.

2. songkranw

songkranw Well-Known Member

#2 songkranw, Jul 14, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2009
    You know... I've already contract them (Agartha who make 1112) and offer the same deal as you said. It look like no feedback for now.

Actually I can help funding of develop a nice modern RPG.

Oh. I think this is in wrong topic. Maybe I should post this in Developer Services and Trade.

3. Twazzock

Twazzock Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Go play Prototype :p upgrade your abilities and wreak havoc in modern day Manhattan.

4. Kintaro360

Kintaro360 Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Vienna
    #4 Kintaro360, Jul 14, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2009
    first: Sandbox games lack in quality
    second: again, too much science fiction :rolleyes:

5. Jyaw3

Jyaw3 Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Programmer
    Ontario
    The reason being, is it's hard from a creative standpoint. Fantasy games (generally older in setting) are like.. "you're a kid growing up" seriously, as a kid there's prolly not much you're gonna be doing other than playing with stick, and oh look! that's like a sword you'll be the swordsman that will save the world. In a contemporary setting, it's much harder to do, nowadays weapons are guns. It's a corporate world, Kids have school there just, to be honest, as a much room for adventure. Two games would be, somewhat FF7, though still futurastic, but the other one that does fit is, The World Ends with You, which is an amazing game and a good example that it can be done.

Also I think the idea of an adventure isn't something that people would like to see in a modern day setting as much because they are living in that modern city. but then you got games like the Sims which emulate real life anyhow (try to) so who knows?