Screenshots in Appstore

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by walkingconcepts, Oct 21, 2009.

1. walkingconcepts

Oct 18, 2009
    #1 walkingconcepts, Oct 21, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2009
    Hi guys and girls. I am a long time lurker and i decided to join the fun of this really nice board. i got several apps in the store. some doing ok, some not so good, some doing nothing.
    in the last days i am trying different stuff. some weeks ago, i saw someone had photoshoped screenshots in the appstore. he had the whole iphone on them, with big notes about the features of the app) - looked almost like an add. today i tried to do some screenies like that, but i cannot upload them. they stay for about 3 minutes in itunes connect(not in the store). anyone know if its a violation to photoshop the screenshots?

best regards,

r.

2. dawvee

dawvee Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009
    iPhone Developer, DaVoid Digital
    Dublin, Ireland
    I think the only restriction on screenshots in the store is that they be the same size as the iPhone screen. I've seen a few apps that don't even have real 'screenshots', but more full advertisements like you mention.

My opinion, though, is that doing that looks cheap. Most of the apps I've seen that do this just look like they're trying to cover up a lackluster interface or graphics. Put your sales copy in the description, and let the screenshots speak for themselves.