Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 03-03-2013, 10:49 PM
Themagicjesus Themagicjesus is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 44
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xexist View Post
Why would I even wait long enough to buy capture spheres? Most people will drop the game long before they could afford one or wait for one to show up in the store. Isnt the point of these type games to collect monsters? I find out very quickly that only on rare occasions do I get a chance to capture a monster, then I can never afford to buy a sphere. So I am stuck with my same underpowered monsters, grinding away occasionally encountering chances to catch monsters. Doing same fight over and over. The IAP items are either very over priced, or you arent giving enough IAP currency. spending a few dollars on IAP currency should (in my opinion) afford me a lot of extra items to purchase, or a smaller amount of godly overpowered items.

If I buy $9.99 IAP, I can get enough currency to buy ONE epic egg. On top of that I dont even know how good creatures from the epic egg are! I mean sure one will assume its going to probably be one of the better creatures in the game, but do i really want to just assume that for a $10 purchase?

You have been smoking crack my friend, I almost regret playing this for free, so no I would not pay 99 cents to play this without a timer. (though if you want, you might as well offer an IAP to remove the timer, it would add more value than just about any other IAP you are offering)

At least give people a chance to earn IAP in game as random drops or something. 5% chance to drop 1 crystal as random loot or something.

I am not a fan of IAP that much is clear, but having said that I am NOT usually one who rants and raves about it, but it is very bad in this case. I dont mean to be an ass, but if you want this game to succeed you have to at least put up a fascade that you arent trying to bend your customers over the table.
I'll rant and rave about it.

Things dev needs to do:

Remove timers

Add gainable IAP currency and make it often. People love Tiny Tower, Pocket Planes, and Pixel People because there is always something you can be doing while waiting and they are constantly rewarding you. Have I spent money on the first two? Hell yes! The games were constantly entertaining and made me want to support them. You already have an entertaining battle system type thing so now you just need to fix the grind
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 03-04-2013, 10:44 AM
wren001 wren001 is offline
Member
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 70
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Themagicjesus View Post
I'll rant and rave about it.

Things dev needs to do:

Remove timers

Add gainable IAP currency and make it often. People love Tiny Tower, Pocket Planes, and Pixel People because there is always something you can be doing while waiting and they are constantly rewarding you. Have I spent money on the first two? Hell yes! The games were constantly entertaining and made me want to support them. You already have an entertaining battle system type thing so now you just need to fix the grind
Thanks for the feedbacks. I will pass it along to our game designer to see if it can be implemented in future versions, or at least in future games we make.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xexist View Post
If I buy $9.99 IAP, I can get enough currency to buy ONE epic egg. On top of that I dont even know how good creatures from the epic egg are! I mean sure one will assume its going to probably be one of the better creatures in the game, but do i really want to just assume that for a $10 purchase?
All pets have different grades, and epic grade is the highest... I know you think things seems bit too costly, but my game designer said he took these cost values from similar games (pets or card collecting rpgs), and most of the items are actually cheaper in comparison to other games. I will ask him to double check his work to make sure things are reasonably priced. Thanks again for your feedback.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 03-04-2013, 11:08 AM
Xexist Xexist is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,757
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wren001 View Post
Thanks for the feedbacks. I will pass it along to our game designer to see if it can be implemented in future versions, or at least in future games we make.



All pets have different grades, and epic grade is the highest... I know you think things seems bit too costly, but my game designer said he took these cost values from similar games (pets or card collecting rpgs), and most of the items are actually cheaper in comparison to other games. I will ask him to double check his work to make sure things are reasonably priced. Thanks again for your feedback.
You are assuming your competitors have an equal or lower value product than yours, and that they are making sales. Do you want to have 'competitive pricing' or actually make some sales?
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 03-27-2013, 11:47 PM
S_b560 S_b560 is offline
Junior Member
iPad 2, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1
Default

I have been playing Dragon Tear for a few days. The game is ok, but I think lots of bugs. First, the energy thing to play does suck, but most of the free apps do that now. The IAP is always way too expensive. I would rather just buy the game once instead of spending a fortune. It's really bad when most everything in game, that you might like, is for sale for gems only that are absolutely outrageously priced. At least lots of apps use Tapjoy. I do understand about the making money because I have a family member that is a game developer, but WOW! Times ave changed since I started gaming obviously.

Now about the bugs. All seem to start happening at higher levels, or maybe I just noticed. First, if you have, for example, 5 of the capture things and you try to capture a pet, then all 5 disappear, and on the other hand, if you have only 1 or 2 capture things, it won't give you the option to capture a monster at all. Acts like you don't have any. Needless to say, the game owes me lots of money since those capture spheres cost 30k apiece. Next bug, or maybe it's just gameplay that sux, is that during a fight the healers won't heal when you need them to, and the "combo attack" rarely happens unless its the computer side doing the attacking or healing. I think we players should have SOME choice as to what our pets do during a fight instead of just sit there and watch. Seems most of all my lost fights are because my pets don't do anything. Not that I expect to win every fight but c'mon!!


Thx for listening. I can't find a tech support site of any kind.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 04-25-2013, 03:37 AM
wren001 wren001 is offline
Member
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 70
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_b560 View Post
I have been playing Dragon Tear for a few days. The game is ok, but I think lots of bugs. First, the energy thing to play does suck, but most of the free apps do that now. The IAP is always way too expensive. I would rather just buy the game once instead of spending a fortune. It's really bad when most everything in game, that you might like, is for sale for gems only that are absolutely outrageously priced. At least lots of apps use Tapjoy. I do understand about the making money because I have a family member that is a game developer, but WOW! Times ave changed since I started gaming obviously.

Now about the bugs. All seem to start happening at higher levels, or maybe I just noticed. First, if you have, for example, 5 of the capture things and you try to capture a pet, then all 5 disappear, and on the other hand, if you have only 1 or 2 capture things, it won't give you the option to capture a monster at all. Acts like you don't have any. Needless to say, the game owes me lots of money since those capture spheres cost 30k apiece. Next bug, or maybe it's just gameplay that sux, is that during a fight the healers won't heal when you need them to, and the "combo attack" rarely happens unless its the computer side doing the attacking or healing. I think we players should have SOME choice as to what our pets do during a fight instead of just sit there and watch. Seems most of all my lost fights are because my pets don't do anything. Not that I expect to win every fight but c'mon!!


Thx for listening. I can't find a tech support site of any kind.
Thanks for the comment/response. The capture sphere issue isn't a bug, but the UI was bit misleading. Some of the later pets require multiple spheres to catch. The labels have been changed to be more clear on the latest update.

You can post any question/bugs in our support forum here:
http://ms.playmage.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=26
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 09-11-2013, 01:05 AM
neobloodsin neobloodsin is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 4
Default

I've been browsing this forum for a long time because it has been helpful in deciding what games to play or avoid. I've been hesitant to join as I usually don't have much to contribute. However this game has forced me to post my thoughts:

Dragon tear is a shameful ploy of a money grab. Some argue the items purchaseable via in-game currency is too much. It seems so at first, but grinding To achieve a goal is fine and reasonable. However, if one were to browse through the achievements, the scam becomes apparent; one of the achievements is spending 200k gems. At 100USD for 1500 gems, that would equate to over 13000 USD. For a completionist, that's a ridiculous amount that I doubt anyone would attempt for. Yes, you could try to gain them from the tournaments, but that would still require a couple decades of play (and being ranked 1) to even come close. If this was the case, why even put the achievement in?

Achievements aside, progressing through the game is nigh impossible without purchasing gems. Want to capture and train more monsters? You're going to need to get 10 gems for each additional slot. Run out of inventory space? That's another 10 per 4 slots. Evolve a pet? More gems! New combos? Prepare to have your credit card ready! People call this freemium? I call it pay-to-play.

Two other games similar to this comes to mind that allows you to play with IAPs available to help you progress just a bit faster. The first is Dragon Island Blue. Another monster collection game. One can progress through most, if not all, of the game without having to spend money outside of the original 0.99 USD needed to purchase the game. IAPs are available to help speed you through the game a bit. Additionally the story feels a bit deeper; the player feels more involved in the story. Completing the game is a goal worth striving for. As I have only played 1/4 of the storyline of Dragon Tear, I cannot comment much on the story, but as of now, it feels very superficial as I do not feel the need nor desire to read all of the dialogue. However, I do hope this impression fades quickly.

The second game I find similar to Dragon Tear is MonTowers. This has much less of a storyline than either Dragon Island Blue or Dragon Tear. However, the drive is more to collect all the monsters and have the best team. IAP currency are more important in this game than DIB. BUT it gives the player ways to earn this currency without having to spend any money. Even the game itself is free!

I feel the developers of Dragon Tear can learn something from these games. I cannot fault them for wanting to make money on a game as they did spend a lot of time and effort on its design (and this is apparent in the battle format and art). However, do not believe people will mindlessly throw money into a game when there is little to draw them in to begin with. If this idea is not carefully addressed, I fear few people will continue to play this game and possibly even fewer people will have the desire to play any of their future games.

At this point I do not wish to give this game a star rating as I believe it would be unfair for the potential it has. Hopefully an update will offer players a better opportunity to advance in this game with IAPs as a side option instead of as a necessity.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 09-26-2013, 08:16 AM
tex628 tex628 is offline
Junior Member
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1
Default

I don't know if the dev team has forgotten this of if it's supposed to be but iron ore is not available in the shop for gold. The reason this is so strange is that you have daily quests that wants you to gather 20 ores and another that wants you to craft a necklace. This equals at least 35 ores at the cheapest which is absolutely impossible to gather in a day.
Please either put ores into the shop and allow the second material to be for drop or have iron ores drop in bigger stacks at harder encounters.
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent