Announcing Pizza Vs. Skeletons

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by riverman_jacob, Apr 24, 2011.

1. Acumen

Acumen Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2011
    Kindergarten teacher
    Germany
    Oh man, you know what.
    I just took the time to browse through a lot and lot of these upcoming games and then *bang* I thought "where's this awesome game about pizzas" and I feared the worst. But boy oh boy.
    How come this wasn't in the news today :D
    That trailer is so filled with pretty art.
    To be honest when I first saw what you had in mind in terms of gameplay and whatnot, I was truly sceptical, but this is beyond inspiring and jaw-dropping.
    You truly deserve this to be a wonderful and successfeul release ! I wish you all the best with this piece of art ! And of course addictive gameplay :D

2. riverman_jacob

riverman_jacob Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2010
    @Acumen
    Thank you so much for the encouragement. As you know, when we started this project, we had no idea how it would turn out. The design has taken so many twists and turns.

One of the things I like to do is take a break from playing my games before they are released, so that I can see them with fresh eyes and change anything that isn't working. Therefore, until last week, I hadn't played Pizza for two months. Honestly, I was really scared to finally get the build from my brother (he's our programmer.)

I will let you all be the judge of the final product, but I'll just say that I'm very proud of it, and you are in for a weird and wild adventure unlike anything else on iPhone!

Jacob

3. Quazonk

Quazonk Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    This is excellent news, as I have always wondered who would win in a battle of pizzas vs. skeletons. Hopefully one day there is a game made about Tea Kettles vs. Clumps of Shower-Drain Hair, and then my life will be complete.

Art looks great Jacob, eagerly awaiting this.

4. nilskoster

nilskoster Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Denmark
    I love the style! It's sorta expressionism meets pepperoni. That's what I'll be ordering the next time I order pizza. Keep it up. It's looking great!

5. riverman_jacob

Apr 3, 2010
    We've got good news and good news! Pizza Vs. Skeletons has been submitted to, and approved by, Apple! It will be released on February 25, 2011. We have also released 12 new screenshots of the final build, available right here:

http://www.rivermanmedia.com/games/pizza-vs-skeletons

6. riverman_jacob

Apr 3, 2010
  7. riverman_jacob

Apr 3, 2010
    Hi everyone,
    We released the official Pizza Vs. Skeletons trailer today. Enjoy! -Jacob

8. GoofyJmaster.

GoofyJmaster. Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    Will there be GC support? If not, is it in the update schedule?

Yes, I do plan on buying this day 1 even if it doesn't have GC because it looks AWESOME! GC (achievements) would be the icing on top, especially if this game lives up to my anticipation.

9. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    I love the trailer! Day 1.

10. jared9876

jared9876 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Dallas TX
    so this will only work on ios 5? That means no 2nd gens... :(

11. riverman_jacob

Apr 3, 2010
    @GoofyJmaster
    Yes! GC support with achievements and leaderboard (your composite score for all levels.)

@slewis7
    Thank you! Glad you enjoyed it.

@jared9876
    Our 2D animation tech just wouldn't run smoothly enough on 2nd gen hardware with such a large character. That pizza is just too darn big!

Jacob

12. GoofyJmaster.

GoofyJmaster. Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    Awesome! Can't wait for Wednesday night.

13. jumpman475

jumpman475 Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Student
    Ithaca, NY
    Awesome trailer! Looking forward to this one.

14. DodgerBlue016

DodgerBlue016 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2011
    I create awesome paper airplanes that I will sell
    Here
    I have a question involving half your answer and half his question. Does it really only work on iOS 5? Or is iOS 4 (and specifically 4.2.1, the one I use on my 4th gen) supported?

15. riverman_jacob

Apr 3, 2010
    @DodgerBlue016 iOS 5 is required because of certain features that are not included in iOS 4. Hope you're able to upgrade!

16. DodgerBlue016

Jun 25, 2011
    Here
    That's interesting, I haven't seen many iOS 5 only games around (except for some multiplayer only ones using the new turn based system). Personally I have yet to upgrade since I've heard of lots of lag issues and stuff like that. Is it just what the engine/tools/whatever you're using requires that makes it iOS 5 only? Was looking forward to this one too, so looks like I won't be picking it up, but I'll for sure get it if I ever upgrade to the newest OS...

17. riverman_jacob

Apr 3, 2010
    Bummer! Personally lately I've found iOS 5 to be pretty stable. My apps are crashing less. With iPad 3 coming out soon, I think you'll start seeing more and more games starting to require it.

As far as pizza, I'm not really the right guy to get into details, since my brother is the programmer, but I know that we used iOS5 to help implement several features.

Hope you upgrade soon!
    Jacob

18. DodgerBlue016

Jun 25, 2011
    Here
    Interesting. I think most of the problems have been happening on iTouch 4th gens (my device type) because they have less RAM than iPhone 4s and 4Ss, and the iOS itself uses a bunch more RAM than iOS4, causing some more lag and issues like that.
    I'm guessing more of what you have for iOS 5 stuff is built into the game, not just iCloud and that type of thing, which makes a little more sense. Most games as of now just use those new features but don't have a lot of it heavily based on iOS 5...

19. riverman_jacob

Apr 3, 2010
    @DodgerBlue016 It should be ok. My iPad 1 is running iOS5 just fine, and it has the same amount of memory as 4th gen touches (256 mb). Not trying to push you or anything, just hope you can play pizza! :)

Jacob