This section is not worth reading anymore (for me)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by ArtNJ, Oct 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    I used to learn so much about what types of games others like, find so many games I overlooked. Indeed, many complained that there were duplicative/overlapping "best of" and "top 10" type threads. Now there are almost none, its all asking for tips in specific games and various whines and rants about things like retina display.

Strange shift...I miss the old threads...

2. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    +1

These days there's really no discussion left. All there is stupid kids who ask if they should wait for sales and don't know how to use the 'mass what should I get thread' and other 12 year olds crying about one of their games being overpriced or qqing about gameloft.

One's intelligence level would probably drop from being exposed to how idiotic and cheap this forum makes so many of these members seem.

3. Codycat

Codycat Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2009
    Don't stalk me.
    and the rest are needing help about things already answered, or what is the best game in each genre. Toucharcade has been slowly decling over the past 6 months or so...

4. Vinvy

Vinvy Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    #4 Vinvy, Oct 31, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2010
    I have seen multipple times, posters attempting to self moderate this board by flaming topics that are duplicates, or too similar to older threads; and posters being flamed for bumping older threads. I think there is a feeling of walking on egg shells when creating a topic, that is stifling new discussion. The games board is already limited enough, this one should be more of an open anything goes discussion board for iOS games.

As is, the front page always seems the same when I check it. I would definitely prefer if we could get rid of the singular "recomedation" topic, it kills a lot of potential topics and discussions; funneling them into one black hole sort of topic, where things go unnoticed beyond maybe a single response to each request, I know I never go in there.

5. diffusion8r

diffusion8r Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Termina
    If you think the section is not worth reading, don't read it.

It is ironic how this elitist thread of people who claim they are superior to the rest and act in an 'adult' manner and really stereotying, prejudice imbeciles.

6. songbird

songbird Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2009
    I saw the title of the thread and the exact same sentence went through my head. Plus this thread doesn't even have anything to do with games - price complaining or gameloft bashing is much more appropriate for this section of the forum then your thoughts on this section of the forum. This thread belongs in the lounge imo. :rolleyes:

7. hamster787

hamster787 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2010
    +1 i think you just summed up what i was thinking

8. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Maybe you should re-read the thread...because your the first one to get nasty. Take your own advice, and if you arent interested in the thread, move on without posting. Bye.

9. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    #9 backtothis, Oct 31, 2010
    Lol keep talking diffusion8r, looking down the list of threads you've made, you're one of these idiots who are too blind to see the "Mass what should I get thread?" Keep trying brah.

"HELP! 17 games but only 16 places! D:

The best 3 recent releases?!?!

Espgaluda ii OR DoDonPachi Ressurection

Games with features from Fallout 3? HELP!

Help me choose the top 6 apps from the list!

Who's sick of sales?"

Yeah, let's not even go on. gtfo.

10. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    Eh'......there's always been whiners and complainers. No different then reading this thread actually.:rolleyes:
    Its always been that way but I wouldn't necessarily point to just younger kids being the main source of problems. I've seen many adults flame others as well or just be an outright jerk in posting. I'm not being biased either seeing that I'm older (as in not being a kid).

And TA slowly declining?.......have you seen the recent members list?

11. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    declining as in intelligence level.

12. diffusion8r

Dec 21, 2008
    Termina
    #12 diffusion8r, Oct 31, 2010
    EDIT: What I last have posted may have been harsh on the intellectual, not hypocritical adults on this forum, so I'd like to just share a few topics the quoted user has made:

"worms vs starhogs"

"online RTS matchup"

"help me pick lalala"

13. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    I'm 18 you idiot. Go come up with a better comeback thanks.
    I can't type in english really? I wonder how I'm enrolled at Cornell University.

14. Planetshooter

Planetshooter Well-Known Member

I'm just grateful the quality of my life allows me the free time to not only play video games but to spend time reading and writing about them (fairly pointlessly in the general scheme of things).

I wouldn't go as far as to recommend that other people don't take their leisure pursuits way too seriously, but...

15. diffusion8r

Dec 21, 2008
    Termina
    qft.

16. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    LOL why don't you bother reading through the actual threads. thanks kid.

17. Codycat

Codycat Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2009
    Don't stalk me.
    I meant quality, have you seen the recent members? All they are doing is asking for a frog in pocket frogs, then they are forever done in toucharcade.

18. diffusion8r

Dec 21, 2008
    Termina
  19. diffusion8r

Dec 21, 2008
    Termina
    Oh shit, sorry I forgot "omgwtfbbq" and "achooooo!, help xD"

20. diffusion8r

Dec 21, 2008
    Termina
    #20 diffusion8r, Oct 31, 2010
    "Ooo..and I'm pretty sure there's no other topics like this yet unless i suck poop at searching hahaha..and I think this is in the right section since I've seen so many other people make the mistake aha. Anyways, thanks!"

My bottom line is that please, do not create a complaining thread when you are in essence complaining, and also do not criticise others when you have been in their position before. I'm not trying to troll, just delete this thread and deal with whatever issues you may have with the forums by yourself.

Yes, I have posted like you criticise, and I do not condemn when people post like that, but the fact of the matter is SO HAVE YOU, and no-one was complaining then.

And so I peacefully depart to leave this thread alone and await my infraction/ban.