App description: Thanks for over 90,000 downloads; have fun!
//
#1 Arcade Game in Germany!!
Featured in the "Best New Games" on the US App Store!
"...as tough as it is beautiful and surprisingly emotive." MacLife.com (4.5/5)
"...ingenious boss-rush adventure..." EuroGamer.net (8/10)
"Long story short; it's really awesome." TouchArcade.com (****)
"...unique..." DarkZero.com (9/10)
I love when youre simply sucked into a game and held captive by good flow and strong design. GGSGamer.com

David. // is a game. A game about physics and enemies. A game about struggles and life. A game about David.

You play David, an awfully small abstracted chosen hero tossed into a blissfully simple world overrun by giant culminations of evil physics-beasts. As David, you are given a slingshot-esque gift that you will have to use to conquer your colossus foes. Hold, aim, and fling to attack (Angry Birds style!).

Think Angry Birds + Shadow of the Colossus + Limbo.

I poured myself into developing this game for nights and nights and nights. It's almost tough to share. I hope it feels strangely personal. Have fun, friends!

*** Warning: Sorry, may not run correctly on older iDevices and/or iOS 6 and below.
10-16-2014, 08:31 PM
Oh shoot, I didn't even think about adjusting resolutions for iPhone 6 and 6+... I dumb. Looks like 1.1.1 is coming soon!

Anything else buggy about the new version I should fix?
11-08-2014, 01:22 PM
A spike in popularity for David; neat!
(#38 Arcade Game on iPad in the US this morning.)

Yesterday and today, for some reason, lots people have been buying and playing. I don't blame 'em! I've been playing again recently and dang, it's quite a bit of fun. Pretty proud of my work. Hopefully for me, this rise in popularity is less of a spike and more of a wave. Let's hope!

If you haven't played it, I can't not recommend it.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/david./id777413889

---

edit:
Here's why if you're interested: The guys at Laser Dog are rad and chose David as one of their favorite games for an Indie Game Showcase on the App Store. Tah dah!
http://www.laserdog.co.uk/blog/30/10...wcase-appstore

Last edited by Fermenter; 11-08-2014 at 02:06 PM. Reason: more info from LaserDog

11-08-2014, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fermenter View Post
A spike in popularity for David; neat!
(#38 Arcade Game on iPad in the US this morning.)

Yesterday and today, for some reason, lots people have been buying and playing. I don't blame 'em! I've been playing again recently and dang, it's quite a bit of fun. Pretty proud of my work. Hopefully for me, this rise in popularity is less of a spike and more of a wave. Let's hope!

If you haven't played it, I can't not recommend it.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/david./id777413889

---
It's because you made an awesome game and also the App Store indie showcase dev picked this game as one of there favorites.
11-08-2014, 02:20 PM
Woohoo! Congrats, this is awesome news
11-08-2014, 06:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolpepper43 View Post
It's because you made an awesome game and also the App Store indie showcase dev picked this game as one of there favorites.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCho133 View Post
Woohoo! Congrats, this is awesome news
Thanks guys. It's quite an honor!

I talked a guy from Laserdog Games and they were super nice. Apparently there will be a write up about David on their blog in a couple days. Coolio! I'm looking forward to seeing what they think about it.

If you haven't played either of their games, I totally recommend em if for no other reason but to support nice people. Alone is a beautiful and fun one that I've played for quite a while. I'm gonna be trying out their other game, Puk, really soon.

http://www.laserdog.co.uk

Boom!
02-04-2015, 06:12 PM
Long time no see, touchers.

Big news; recently David got Greenlit on Steam. The past few weeks I've been working on polishing up the PC/Mac versions of the game and getting them hooked up with steam achievements, leaderboards, trading cards, etc. I think it's good to go, but I'd love to get some help testing it out before I release it to the world.

If you haven't played David or just want to help me out, PM me and I'll send you a free steam key. Woo!
02-04-2015, 06:33 PM
Great to see one of my favorite devs! Congrats on steam!
02-04-2015, 11:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolpepper43 View Post
Great to see one of my favorite devs! Congrats on steam!
Always encouraging to hear from one of my favorite coolpepper43s. Thanks buddy!
02-15-2015, 03:00 PM
Hey again Touchers!

It had been almost a year on Steam Greenlight, and Id actually given up on Greenlight after it looked like it wasn't going to happen, so its really awesome to be telling you about getting Greenlit and the upcoming release.

Thanks to everyone who voted, and thanks to Steam for giving David a fantastic audience.

Making it to Steam is a huge breakthrough for a little developer like me. I've got my foot in the door, so I'm just gonna walk in and make myself comfortable.

Look for David as it launches for $0.99 at 1PM (PST) on February 16, 2015.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/346180