Universal Spirit Sweeper, a PvP Minesweeper game for mobile!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by LatisGlobal, Nov 7, 2014.

1. LatisGlobal

LatisGlobal Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2014
    We've been working around the clock to fix our server issues and are finally getting ready to submit to iOS. So, without further ado: Spirit Sweeper!

Intro Vid:

And here's some excerpts from our dev diary:

http://afailuretolaunch.wordpress.com

Find out more on our website, www.spiritsweeper.com. And please support us on preapps!
    http://www.preapps.com/new-android-apps/spirit-sweeper/2353

2. Touchmint

Touchmint Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Seems cool always wondered about a pvp minesweeper game. I will check it out.

Gl with the marketing and what not unfortunately there are like 500 mine sweeper games already on the store so visibility might be a bit of an issue. :(

3. LatisGlobal

Apr 22, 2014
    is there really that many? We should really reconsider our marketing direction then.. what do you think would be a good strategy?

4. Touchmint

Touchmint Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    #4 Touchmint, Nov 8, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2014
    Yea I had actually thought of just making a simple minesweeper for fun (since I love it so much). But noticed there are ~500 search results on the App Store for the term minesweeper.

I would market heavy on pvp and online maybe include that in the title? (Name : online pvp live something?)There are only 4 online results and 0 pvp results. Just focus your keywords on the interaction terms (pvp online live? Etc). I'm no pro but that's the direction I would head.

Don't sweat though there might be a lot of minesweeper games but it looks like yours is one of the only online ones and the best of them.

5. ralledwihric

ralledwihric New Member

Nov 8, 2014
    But noticed there are ~500 search results on the App Store for the term minesweeper.[​IMG]

6. LatisGlobal

Apr 22, 2014
  7. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    I would love to try this if you are still looking for helpers. Thanks.

8. lif

lif Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2012
    Developer
    Paris
    Yes it's pretty crowded :) . "Minesweeper" is a common enough search that it can work if you manage to remain in the top 5 when people search for the word, but that's a really tough task. And outside of that top 5 there's not a lot of money to be made I'm afraid.

(I speak from experience as I released my own "multiplayer minesweeper" last summer . It was a very different concept though, an MMO game where everybody plays at the same time on an infinite word: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=235703 )

9. Curtis_Latis

Curtis_Latis Active Member

Oct 15, 2014
    Open BETA

[​IMG]

Hey Everyone!

The launch of our game Spirit Sweeper was delayed due to some server issues, so we decided to open up our beta to the public in the mean time.

You can visit our website and click the “Open Beta” banner to sign up.

During this test, the player who earns the top ranking will be rewarded with a $25 Amazon gift card.

We will also do a random iTunes gift card draw for participants that leave their feedback of the game on our forum.

So head on our to the Spirit Sweeper website and sign-up! We’ll send you the details via e-mail. Don’t miss the chance to win some great prizes!

10. LatisGlobal

Apr 22, 2014
    Wow dude thanks for sharing. I really really like that gif you show of the expanding game world too... so cool!

11. lif

lif Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2012
    Developer
    Paris
    Thanks! Let me know when yours is ready, I can post a small news inside mine. I don't have hundred of thousands of players, but they *really* like minesweeper :)

12. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    I signed up for the open beta. Received an email with a dropbox link. Unfortunately I could not open the file on my iPad. I wrote the dev back and posted on the forum they specified. That was over 24 hours ago and Ive heard nothing since. Im the only person who has posted anything on the forum as well. Anybody have an update?

13. Curtis_Latis

Oct 15, 2014
    We're just a couple of hours away from launch now!

The official launch time is November 18th, 2014 at 2 A.M EST. Due to server issues, we're only going to be launching in the US and Canada for today.

[​IMG]

To commemorate the launch we're hosting Movember event! For the first month after release, 5% of revenue will go to the Movember foundation to help fund prostate cancer research.

[​IMG]

We're also hosting a launch contest! Players who beat the "Archemage" in single player can enter to win on by liking our Facebook page and posting a screenshot of the cleared mission in the comments. A random winner will be drawn from the contestants.

Good luck to those who enter and please give the game a download and help us spread the Spirit Sweeper fun!

14. Curtis_Latis

Oct 15, 2014
    iOS Update

[​IMG]

Hey Toucharcaders!

Just wanted to let you know that we've updated the iOS version of Spirit Sweeper!

We've got all new game modes, including PvP, "Normal", and a Practice mode. We've also updated the menus and UI.

Check it out and give it a download!