Universal Stealin (by Binary Banana)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by BinaryBanana, Feb 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BinaryBanana

BinaryBanana Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2015
    Bellevue WA
    #1 BinaryBanana, Feb 25, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2016
    Hello Touch Arcaders!
    We are releasing strategy game named Stealin. Game will be available on 5th of March on your iPhone, iPad and Android!

Game teaser: https://youtu.be/uhfmGiW6Yns 29 sec
    Gameplay (Level 15): https://youtu.be/hTIV1F3X2qw 1:12

[​IMG]

Stealin is a fast paced strategy game about conquering new territories! If you remember good old Qix or JezzBall, add to it tanks, new game rules, 15+ enemy types, 36 levels, interesting game story and historical facts about tanks and maybe you will be able to imagine a fraction of fun you will get from Stealin.

[​IMG]

- CAPTURE the land from general Stealin army
    - DRIVE the most advanced tank
    - FOLLOW Lieutenant Bradley and Sergeant Jaworski story
    - SURPRISE yourself how much you didn't know about tanks history

[​IMG]

Key features:
    - 36 engaging levels with unique ways to solve,
    - 15+ various enemy types and land obstacles,
    - Historical facts about tanks and military,
    - Engaging game story with Lieutenant Bradley and Sergeant Jaworski,
    - Simple control with swipe and hold to move, and just swipes to capture

[​IMG]

Gameplay
    The player controls a tank on the map by swiping and holding the finger on the screen. Map is divided by enemy and player land with a barbed fence. The goal is to move the tank into enemy territory and draw a line in an attempt to create a closed shape. When completed, the captured area becomes players and player is rewarded with points. To complete a level, the player must claim defined per level percentage of the playfield, usually between 80% and 90%.

Player will lose the game when enemy soldier touch the tank or uncompleted shape when drawing. The player cannot defend against the enemies and can only outmaneuver them in order to survive. Enemy soldiers can only move and bounce inside closed by barbed fence areas.

Levels difficulty increases with the introduction of new enemy types, buildings, obstacles on the map and new game constraints like limited fuel and time.

[​IMG]

Game story
    A cruel revolutionist named Stealin successfully led rebellion and in just few years, on the peaceful territory that was used to be called Homeland, formed a new country, Stealinstan. The only one standing region is Whiteslope, a small land in the Western part of Homeland, famous from the strongest and toughest men who don't accept the Stealin's authority. With the last savings they smuggled the most advanced tank, which now player, as Sergeant Jaworski, will use to recapture the land and bring back the peace to the world.

[​IMG]

Press Kit: http://stealin.mobi/press/

Stealin home page: http://stealin.mobi/

To stay up to date, follow us on @BinaryBanana and www.facebook.com/BinaryBanana.

Thanks!

2. BinaryBanana

Dec 17, 2015
    Bellevue WA
    Promotion - Free Stealin on Feb 30th

Hi,
    We are announcing pre-release giveaway of Stealin! Everyone that will tweet us or like our Facebook fan page on February 30th will get a free copy (as promo code) of Stealin!

[​IMG]

Enjoy! :D

3. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    I'm sorry isn't this game already out? As Stealin HD

4. PrimoBr

PrimoBr Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2015
    #4 PrimoBr, Feb 26, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2016

5. BinaryBanana

Dec 17, 2015
    Bellevue WA
    Hi,
    Please let me explain. In December we did a soft launch on iPad only (Stealin HD as dreadnok remembers :)) to get initial feedback and telemetry on the levels. We needed that data to prepare a universal version for iOS and Android and this is what we announce here.

This upcoming version was redesigned in many aspects, the biggest is tank controlling, in game tutorial (instead of windows) and level balancing to make the game easier to pick up. However you will find many more things improved.

30th February is 'not' a joke, everyone can get a free copy if you send us a tweet that day :p

I would love to hear however more about your experience with Stealin HD and why it was "Very shady". I am very interested if it's improved now. I will ping you also on priv if you don't mind.

6. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    I think they said February 30 is a joke since this year it ends on the 29th

7. BinaryBanana

Dec 17, 2015
    Bellevue WA
    :D

There is a chance I might not be the best in telling jokes:

[​IMG]

Not fake, this is real from my personal reddit account :p

8. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    The February 30th thing IS a joke. The fact that that day doesn't exist is the joke. It's like when a bar puts up a sign that says "Free Beer Tomorrow"

I think what he means by shady is that the HD version which you are saying was just a soft launch cost three dollars. So the questions are: Is this new version you're releasing an update to that iPad only version? If not, then you are saying whoever bought it for 3 bucks before will now have to buy the improved game over again?

9. BinaryBanana

Dec 17, 2015
    Bellevue WA
    Hi Jared!

Definitely we don’t plan to leave existing iPad users without an update and we are working on getting improved Stealin HD version in the store. We have however some challenges to solve, like some levels are redesigned based on the feedback and existing leaderboard scores won’t match, so it will just take more time to figure it out.

We distributed the game to few thousand people on iPads, we got great feedback that we used to improve the game and build versions for iPhone and Android and these users deserve the update like no one else.

10. BinaryBanana

Dec 17, 2015
    Bellevue WA
    Stealin game review

We got first YouTube review: https://youtu.be/ovBEYeXhAfQ :)

Amazing experience to watch someone playing your game, reading your texts, trying your work. I was super stressed for the whole video, afraid of the moment like "what's now, what is this #&%" but it didn't happen! :D

There is always something to improve but with zero budget and 20 months of coding and giving up so many times, I am surprised we are releasing it!

// Just to make sure, we didn't pay the reviewer and we don't know him although he seems to be a nice guy

11. BinaryBanana

Dec 17, 2015
    Bellevue WA
  12. BinaryBanana

Dec 17, 2015
    Bellevue WA
  13. BinaryBanana

Dec 17, 2015
    Bellevue WA