Order & Chaos vs Pocket Legends

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by TouchGamer1987, May 1, 2011.

1. TouchGamer1987

TouchGamer1987 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2009
    Grad Student
    New York City
    Which is better?

Can someone compare?

2. lurtz6

lurtz6 Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2011
    Slave to the public education system
    Right behind you, with the machete raised
    I was waiting for someone to post this.

Having played neither, I can only reccommend on a appearence basis. I say Gameloft.

3. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    There is no comparison. I can't believe this is even being asked.

4. stylegod

stylegod Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Animator
    Pocket legends without a doubt, order and chaos will not connect to the servers. Been trying for a few days now with no luck at all. Boo :(

5. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    I don't know anyone else with that issue. Don't tell me you're trying to use anything but wifi.

6. TouchGamer1987

TouchGamer1987 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2009
    Grad Student
    New York City
    does order & chaos work on the 3g network?

7. Osmiral

Osmiral Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    No, unless you play from say an iPad and tether it to your iphone, or if you jailbreak and use one of the apps.

8. bighi

bighi Member

Jan 2, 2011
    Order & Chaos is a thousand times better.

It is 3D with nice graphics. You can do a lot more, the world is HUGE, the quests are varied once you pass the first character levels, and there are a lot of people playing.

I never had any issue connecting to servers.

9. DarwinAce

DarwinAce Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2011
    well just to put in in balance...

pocket legends is free, and the ingame content can be unlocked without spending any money, so from the community standpoint and world size it doesn't matter since there'll be always tons of people playing. Graphics are nice, content is very large and the quest system is more than adequate for a mobile game.

Order & Chaos is $7, which is considered very expensive, meaning you're very limited when it comes to amount of people playing on lower levels as the game ages... i'm unfamiliar with the quest systems but the graphics look great and i'm not sure about the content and future plans for more.

The thing is, if someone wants to play a game right now, i'd say start with pocket legends.. it's free, and it's very well designed. If you find that unsatisfying and want to look for more, get Order & Chaos and tell us what you think... because for $7, the game needs to be serioulsy awesome in comparision to pocket legends to bring your friends to it.

Finally, i think Order & Chaos needs a better pricing structure... it should be free to download, in order to establish supremacy when it comes to the game itself, and zones should be unlockable with packages or single purchases. All i can see right now, is that Order & Chaos is not confident enough to set a free or lite version to let people compare, instead is using commercial strategies to trap customers into the game by setting a high price... after you paid the 7 bucks the game costs, you're gonna keep playing it even if it's bad. I'm not sure what's gameloft tendency towards continued content updates, but the few games that i've played, have been develop-n-forget kind of deals.

I'm staying with pocket legends until i hear better things of Order & Chaos.

10. phattestfatty

phattestfatty Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2010
    1. I am 100% sure that 7 dollars is not expensive. Don't start this into a pricing thing, there's another thread for junk like that.
    2. This is comparing quality. and from screens and impressions, I would find it terribly hard to say pocket legends is better than O&C.
    3. I have a feeling that O&C is seriously awesome compared to pocket legends.
    4. the game is loaded now with new players and will be for a while, as well as soon as a sale drops too.
    5. you didn't put it in balance, you put into a pro-pocket legends point of view.
    don't mean to spark an argument but...

11. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    You don't compare prices when comparing quality. Wow, rofl.

+1 to the previous post.

12. red12355

red12355 Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2010
    O&C is far better than pocket legends. Massive in game world, tons of quests, party system, guild system, more skills, more classes (and each class has 2 different skillsets), etc.

13. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    AKA it's an actual MMORPG. PL is half-assed AT BEST.

14. JindoFox

JindoFox Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Pocket Legends works over 3G networking, Order and Chaos is wifi only.

I can trot out Pocket Legends for a quick online blast during a break at work. Can't do that with Order and Chaos.

Therefore, Pocket Legends wins ... for now.

Prediction: by the time Gameloft adds 3G play to Order and Chaos, Spacetime will have launched Blackstar, the sci-fi game they've been planning.

15. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    You don't wifi at work?..oh man.

16. Pl is lawl besides o&c . Comparing would degrade o&c .

17. CodyArcher

CodyArcher New Member

Apr 19, 2012
    It depends what you compare.

Things like free vs $6.99

Can play over 3g vs Cant

Those are some of the main concerns. With PL it is a free download. Game play is smooth for the most part. There are 3 different characters, each has their own attributes and skills, but you can choose any skills you want (for instance if you choose a mage as your main skill you can also level up the character as a ranger or even a warrior if you choose). The game mostly revolves around fighting. All quests and levels are plotted along a certain course (like a dungeon or a forest) and you cannot leave that course you are stuck following the same paths and encountering enemys along the way. Leveling is easy because you can have other high level players kill all the enemys around you and get you XP without you having to actually play. Yes you can play over 3g which is nice but now we have 4g (which is compatible with Order and Chaos). I have played this game a little and reached to level 20, which took me quite a few hours to do without the help of other high level players. They say this game is free but in order to actually do well you have to purchase platinum to get better gear and levels (some pvp some normal dungeons). Now I know there are people who haven't done that but you will be stuck at your level if you dont purchase some platinum to buy new levels to gain XP. It is a free download for PL but you there is a lot of in game purchases required. In the end this is a fun time killing game and can be played in quick spurts just to kill time.

Order and chaos is 6.99 and costs around 3 dollars for a 6 month membership or 1 dollar a month. Yes there are in game purchases as well but I will get to those in a moment. This game is definitely much more of an "MMORPG" than PL. With this game there are 4 different characters to choose from and you can choose out of 4 different skills for each character (unlike PL which you choose the character and the skill with the character). The world in Order and Chaos is CRAZY huge. This game is just like WOW, just with less fancy graphics and less people. This game is also centered around combat but you can acquire careers like smithing, crafting leather, or crafting clothes. There is a lot more customization with this game. There are hundreds if not thousands of different armor and weapon combinations. You will find many different combinations for PL but the good gear costs platinum which costs actual money. In order and chaos online you have a bag that can store things but alas you do need to purchase more space in the bag to fit more things in it with actual real world money. In the end if you are looking for an actual game with a large plot and story line, more customization, and a larger world to explore this game is for you.

Finally I will say this. They are both good games and I have played both as an average player. If you have a lot of time on your hands and some side cash, Order and Chaos is the game for you. If you do not have a lot of time on your hands, and have even a little side cash than go with Pocket legends. Simple as that. Thanks!