Playstation Vita Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Haruhi, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

...and it's just not quite as good as Wario Ware.

Also, it's really annoying how some of the minigames use the camera and every time you take a picture there is (as always) the loud camera sound comming through the built in speakers.

2. parranoya

parranoya Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2008
    The thing I get paid for
    CANADIA
    I.m Lovin it

All I play on my VITA is Monster Hunter Freedom Unite. I am down about 170hrs into this game. Love it. Worst game ever for anyone with an addictive personality or OCD.

MK is fun...but the loading is annoying for a cartrdige game. For some reason Kratos opening blurb is at a very low volume compared to the rest of the game. Fun! I like the touch screen fatalities...easier to do.

3. x999x

x999x Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    These MK combos are ridiculous, they're a mix of SF and Tekken. This is seriously the MK I have always wanted the series to be after Ultimate.

4. #1644 Haruhi, May 4, 2012
    Last edited: May 4, 2012
    Does anyone remember the Monster Hunter-esque game Ragnarok Odyssey that was released around Japanese launch?

According to GamesRadar, Ragnarok Odyssey and Orgarhythm are being localized by XSEED.

5. Shankopotamus

Shankopotamus Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2011
    I guess no one has tried NBA 2K12. I'm interested in it because I liked it on my iPod Touch, but the physical controls seem like they could make it better.

Also, I was really excited to play the PSP GTA games on my Vita, but I can't find them on the PSN store. I read that for some of the games, you have to download them on the PS3 first, then put them on the Vita. Unfortunately, I don't own a PS3, so I can't do that. Is there a way that I can get them another way, like from my PC or some kind of a hack?

6. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    Looking forward to getting Mortal Kombat after I see the Avengers!

7. SirAwesome

SirAwesome Well-Known Member

May 20, 2010
    Just 100% mutant blobs. There were a few tricky parts and had to play through most of the game twice but it was awesome. The ending was awesome btw. And yes I added my own sounds effects.. nom nom nom :cool:

8. matthewwhatever

matthewwhatever Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2010
    government
    Ottawa, Canada
    I bought 2K12 for my PSP Go, but the one time I tried playing it, it crashed, and I never got around to playing it again before I traded it in.

As for the GTA games, have you tried downloading Media Go? They're all available through there, so you could download them to your PC and transfer from there (assuming they're compatible with the Vita).

9. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    All three of the PSP GTA games are on PSN in the UK I'd be suprised if they aren't everywhere, Liberty City Stories, Vice city Stories, and Chinatown Wars, I'd forget the media go suggestion that isn't compatible with the vita only the PSP.

I'm also surprised no one has mentioned Persona 4 will be coming to the Vita, I've never played one of them in honesty but they seem to have quite a big following.

10. I mentioned it 2 pages back. Persona 4 was one of the major reasons why I decided to buy Vita over 3DS. Between Persona 4, Ragnarok Odyssey, Soul Sacrifice (announcement on the 10th!), and the yet-to-be-announced titles at E3, the future of Vita looks bright.

11. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Must have missed that, I have to admit I'm curious about the game but not quite enough to buy the PSP ones at their current prices.

12. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    The ratings in the US store don't speak well for the game. I'm personally waiting for a Vita version.

13. mashead2000

mashead2000 Well-Known Member

Nice!!! What game next Sir? ;)

14. matthewwhatever

matthewwhatever Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2010
    government
    Ottawa, Canada
    You can't download to your PC in Media Go, and then transfer over using the Content Assistant Manager? (Honest question - I haven't tried it, but I'd just assumed that it was possible.)

15. SirAwesome

May 20, 2010
    No you cant :( I asked the same question on a different forums because I want to play peace walker on the vita but dont have a ps3. So before I bought it I asked around and you cant transfer from pc to vita because the ps3 does something "special" that allows the vita to play the psp game file. It is like this with all games so unfortunately those of us without a ps3 are out of luck :(

16. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Yeah, MediaGo could be used if someone were able to figure out how PSP games are formatted for the Vita, and then made some sort of file conversion program. That's essentially what the PS3 does- it just converts the downloaded game into the Vita format.

17. LucianOrb

LucianOrb Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Brazil
    The ending alone justifies the purchase of the game, makes me smile just by remembering it. VERY funny.

18. Slapshot

Slapshot Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Can't wait for Ragnarok Odyssey. Seriously it's about time we had a good RPG on here

19. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Persona 4 Golden available on Amazon for pre-order.

I have already pre ordered it :)

20. SirAwesome

May 20, 2010