Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-17-2013, 08:12 AM

So with feedback starting to come in, what are your guys impressions about the difficulty and general feel of the game?

Has anyone managed to beat any of the heroic levels for example?
Old 01-03-2014, 08:20 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

I have not played the first. Recommended to start there or skip it and jump into 2?
Old 01-03-2014, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcticmill View Post
So with feedback starting to come in, what are your guys impressions about the difficulty and general feel of the game?

Has anyone managed to beat any of the heroic levels for example?
Getting through lowest difficulty was, as expected a breeze.

I'll try my luck on the harder ones now.
First few lvls on heroic dont seem to be much harder, but then again i already have upgraded troops. Will be excited about later heroic lvls.

Considering the ending of the campaign I expect youre planning to add a new region eventually?

Game feels awesome so far, although I havent been using any of the units apart from knights, archers and footies. Looking forward to mixing it up soon tho.
Old 01-04-2014, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iammike View Post
I have not played the first. Recommended to start there or skip it and jump into 2?
Hey!

You of course do as you like, but it's not a problem starting with the 2nd one, you'll have your hands full regardless

Hope you like it!
Old 01-04-2014, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alrikster View Post
Getting through lowest difficulty was, as expected a breeze.

I'll try my luck on the harder ones now.
First few lvls on heroic dont seem to be much harder, but then again i already have upgraded troops. Will be excited about later heroic lvls.

Considering the ending of the campaign I expect youre planning to add a new region eventually?

Game feels awesome so far, although I havent been using any of the units apart from knights, archers and footies. Looking forward to mixing it up soon tho.
Hi!

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated.

It's true that the lower levels on heroic will be pretty easy if you've already beaten the game on a lower difficulty and have upgraded units. This is something that we've discussed a lot and perhaps it will be changed in the future. We're thinking of letting the players have multiple campaigns on different "saves", with separate economies. And that you choose the difficulty level only when you start a new campaign. At the moment you would have to basically reset the game if you want to start fresh on a higher difficulty without upgrades. What do you think about this?

Anyway, glad you like the game! Hope that you'll enjoy playing with the new units as well and that you find they add a lot more depth to the game, strategy wise.

Happy gaming!
Old 01-04-2014, 08:00 AM

Sounds intriguing.
You could also think about letting the player start a ng+ after finishing the campaign and restart on a higher difficulty, while still keeping their previous highscores.
Im sure you'll figure a way out to make this work.

After trying some more levels on heroic I can add the following:
- with already upgraded troops I had no problem at all playing until the level (capital of) Evergreen.
After that I've had problems breaking the occurring stalemate. This might be a strategic / troop composition issue on my side and I will experiment further.
Tried the very last level on heroic and broke off after a 20 min stalemate. (Even got an achievement for that haha)

I tried using the demolition expert but didnt have any luck getting him through so far (tried covering him with knights and cannon fire but the enemy would always just spawn a triple footsoldier squad at the last second and kill him. So I might need to hone my strategy around using him a little more.
Old 01-04-2014, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alrikster View Post
Sounds intriguing.
You could also think about letting the player start a ng+ after finishing the campaign and restart on a higher difficulty, while still keeping their previous highscores.
Im sure you'll figure a way out to make this work.

After trying some more levels on heroic I can add the following:
- with already upgraded troops I had no problem at all playing until the level (capital of) Evergreen.
After that I've had problems breaking the occurring stalemate. This might be a strategic / troop composition issue on my side and I will experiment further.
Tried the very last level on heroic and broke off after a 20 min stalemate. (Even got an achievement for that haha)

I tried using the demolition expert but didnt have any luck getting him through so far (tried covering him with knights and cannon fire but the enemy would always just spawn a triple footsoldier squad at the last second and kill him. So I might need to hone my strategy around using him a little more.
Sounds like an interesting idea, which we'll definitely discuss further!

When you get into such a stalemate, you'll either have to upgrade even more (if not fully upgraded already), or as you said, try to devise another strategy. One that has worked good for me on the more difficult levels is the "nuke and rush". I try to keep the enemy at bay while saving up enough gold (60g+) for a very large knight raid. Always making sure I have the missile ready. When they're almost at the other end I take out the largest enemy unit group in their way with the missile. You might have to do it a couple of times, but I've had a lot of success with this strategy personally.

Regarding the demolition expert, I agree with you. It's hard to get him through on heroic since the enemy is always looking for him on the battlefield and prepared to defend. You could try to do as you said and wait until you have troops at the other end to defend him. You could also utilize the missile to take out the defence units.

Good luck and keep enjoying the game!
Old 01-09-2014, 05:07 PM

Default Voice Acting a Distraction

I mean no disrespect here, but I really didn't care for the voice work.

I could overlook it if it was just in the story / cutscenes, but the little exclamations and such that the units on the field use just don't seem to fit and the voice itself seems out of place / not a good match.