Universal Infinity Blade II - (by Chair Entertainment Group, LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by JeNeI, Nov 30, 2011.

1. I think your character gets damaged at 5% of your full HP per exhausted dodge. My character has 15,000 HP and gets damaged 750 points per exhausted dodge. Fortunately, that almost never happens for me because parrying feels a lot more forgiving than it did in IB1.

2. Johnny101

Johnny101 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    Definitely dodging is not for noobs. It is part of a winning strategy, just like parrying and blocking. If you can become really good at all three, and have a good knowledge of your equipment. Then you'll go very far in this game.

3. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Dodging isnt for noobs, true. What I was trying to compare was how you can dodge in 2 ways on most attacks rather than the more input-specific 2H blocking. This is offset by the fact that exhaust is not expandable and reaches over usage faster than blocking does. But in conjucntion with Parries, 2 out of 3 buttons to avoid taking damage is just much better than 1 out of 3. Im sure i mentioned "panic button" a couple times over on my previous posts which only applies to noobs in the game.

Also, the comparison is between 2H and duals. If SnS were included, SnS's block is the easiest panic button.

4. PugLover

PugLover Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2011
    USA
    I realize 2H is for me since Dual was miserable. I wish I could load a game before I spent nearly all my money lol

5. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Dont worry... :D

You'll need to master ALL weapons and other equips to get to higher levels. It wasnt a loss in any way. :)

6. sammich

sammich Active Member

Nov 12, 2010
    I've always thought the dual was the most forgiving of them all. You have DPS, dodge and parry, and with few totally block only moves, you can't go wrong. When I switched to levelling 2H (especially the XP sink weapon) I found myself frequently getting annoyed at how easily I was getting my ass handed to me.

Then I got used to 2H.

I bought the +1125 2H before I changed to a newgame+. Damn, that thing brings the pain!

On another note: save up your CM rewards and take them into your newgame+. I'm going to skip every even NG+ so I don't have to earn the money every time.

7. TheEvilNoob

TheEvilNoob Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2010
    Noob assassinator
    My evil lair
    It's really getting annoying when I continually take damage because I drag towards a swipe and my stupid character just stands there and ignores what I told him to do and gets hit several times. Am I the only person who is getting this?

8. michaelfields

michaelfields Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2010
    Just tried, still doesn't work. I'm done until they update. It just sucks bc missing out on all o the weapons/gear with no way to get it later.
    It worked fine before until I exited the app the first time, now it just doesn't do anything but make a sound.

9. Tower Defender

Tower Defender Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2009
    Dual swords are way easy. I have almost every slot on my armor, helmet, ring, shield, and weapon buffing magic stats, so basically my heal magic comes back within seconds and it gives me full health. The enemy basically has to 1 hit ko me in order to take me out lol.

Only problem with this set is that it takes FOREVER to kill the enemy lol.

10. slikaroo

slikaroo Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2011
    The amount of power 2H packs makes it too easy for me. Besides its pretty much easier to block Titan combos with 2H. With Dual, its a bit more challenging, waiting till the last second to decide whether you can parry or which of the three ways you will have to move, bearing in mind that dodging too much can be harmful to you. Dual is easy in the beginning with low level Titans but after Lvl100 Titans introduce some pretty wicked combos - much faster and deadlier thats where it gets really challenging. But then again it all comes down to preference. If you prefer speed over power, Dual is for you.

11. sammich

sammich Active Member

Nov 12, 2010
    This has probably been discussed already, but does anyone use the dual weapon combo (the triple damage, cross sword slash)? You get the triple damage at the end but it finishes the combo, so while you gain the extra 1X damage, you have start off with 2 normal hits again if that last hit isn't the end of the hit window, and you're down on damage. Is it worth bothering?

12. doublezz

doublezz Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2009

I am in New Game + 12, level 270. What I can tell is there is no place for 2H. Why? Because all the titans has incredible health, 2H weapon is not effective anymore. Apart from that, titans all deal with massive damage, each attack takes you 10+ block, your 2H weapons just go wrecked soon after a few block. The only way to survive is parry or dodge(some attack cannot be parried), since you cannot dodge with 2H, the chance to survive is low.

13. Dracil

Dracil Member

Apr 12, 2012
    Using 2H probably requires +shield gems.

14. slikaroo

Dec 14, 2011
    Truth, 2H is only powerful early in the game, but as you progress you become more and more defenceless. Titans have elemental perks that make blocking useless. Can any 2H pro please tell me how they survive? at level 100 its almost impossible to go 3 fights without using a potion.

15. slikaroo

Dec 14, 2011
    The dual cross combos are very effective if you use them wisely. Save the cross slash for the last to maximize your damage for example after initiating a combo, go L,R,L,U that gives you at 4 combos and 7 hits in total. Don't get greedy and try putting too many in there or your last combo will get blocked. You also have to know the kind of break you have for example if you have a perfect parry break you may be able to sneak in at least 1 other combo making it L,R,L,R,U.

Then again if you find yourself giving a cross slash too early, continue it as another combo initiation for example if your combo ended with U, swipe down for a regular hit and Up again to start a new combo sequence. by this time your break might be over but you will be able to at least sneak in another combo

And yes it IS worth bothering.

16. nesio718

nesio718 Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2010
    getting paid....
    Sunny South FL!!
    these guys have me qualified for events, then i go back in for a reward and get that the event expired.....but theres no prize for me. they should take this beta and go back to internal testing.

17. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Make a set of Shields that you will have an elemental defense for each element. Almost all fights you can determine the opponent's element if any. Switch shields accordingly. It should allow you to block with lesser risk.

Im only Lv124 and I currently have 30 points in shields and in between parries and blocks, i've never exhausted my total shield count yet. Im excited to get to higher levels to see how 2H can fare against the higher level titans.

For now, im not buying that "2H has no place" until I get there and i get squashed hard.

18. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    argh... we failed another clash mob quest. Good thing the reward isnt that good.

19. nesio718

nesio718 Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2010
    getting paid....
    Sunny South FL!!
    these mid-day quests are shit. im one of the few lucky gamers who can ipad it up while working. they need to extend hours or something.

20. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Graaaargh! We failed "A Midnight Snack" too. Was looking forward to maxing that Ariss.

This time there was 26101 participants... Looks like not everyone has enough HP to survive 30 seconds.