Playstation Vita Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Haruhi, Dec 12, 2011.

1. SirAwesome

SirAwesome Well-Known Member

May 20, 2010
    Your name says it all :D

2. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    It depends on the game. Certainly there's lots of throwaways, but then there are longer games and/or games that don't really have an ending and that you play all the time. I've almost certainly put more time into Disc Drivin' and Ascension than I have put into any other games ever, on any platform. Just depends on what you like. I'm not sure how many hours I've put into them, but it's certainly a rather large number. Also there's games like Incoboto. That game is pretty fantastic. Also Death Rally. I put many hours into that. Etc, etc.

So, yeah, I'd like a Vita, but there are great games for iOS as well, and ones that aren't throwaway. If you like board games, iOS is hard to beat for one.

3. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011

LOL right!

4. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    I think people do realize it but they like saying oh well I only paid 99c for it. I dont know I mean to each there own, I definately played some awesome games on IOS but those are rare occasions. It's hard for me now to even think about playing a game on my phone now....

5. MicroByte

MicroByte Well-Known Member

It's interesting that some long time TA posters are in the same boat as me - feeling bored or finding iOS gaming stale. I recognize so many people from this thread from over in the main iOS gaming section and it goes to show that while iOS games fill a void, they can't fill the void for portable games that are more than casual romps.

6. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

Tbh, it feels more like iOS has stopped filling a void it once filled. Now everything almost everything has to be casual or freemium or people won't buy it. Look at Mass Effect Infiltrator: That type of game shouldn't try to go the casual route. what iOS is lacking lately is a good mix of casual and hardcore games, so I have to look else where to fill that void.

7. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    I agree, but someone or something is telling all these companies that the way to go with IOS is casual (99c) or freemium. Maybe that is the way to go with IOS even though I wish it wasnt, but maybe us people that like deeper console type quality are not the mainstream these companies are going after anymore... to each there own I guess. I still love my ipad2 for browsing the net!

8. SirAwesome

SirAwesome Well-Known Member

May 20, 2010
    I agree. I use my ipad2 more for reading and surfing the net now. Its funny to me because iOS has me looking for a deeper portable experience and really lead me to the vita.

9. MicroByte

Count me in as well. I actually got a new iPad 2 for Christmas since my wife "borrows" my original and used it for following the Vita launch. I still use my iPad and iPod Touch, but not for playing games. Fantastic devices still, just for other uses.

10. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Who else agree's

I would kill for Order and Chaos on Vita though!! OMG I would pay premium price for that...

11. mashead2000

mashead2000 Well-Known Member

Totally agree, all im bothered about now is the Vita :) its a shame as i have 4S and Ipad 2 and i just felt that nothing decent was coming out for it that truly used the hardware eg A5chip
    Gonna feel sorry for the Ipad 3 buyers... All that money for some extra pixels ;) maybe we should stand in and tell them to save half the money and get a Vita :D

12. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    Haha I'll go get the posters you get the letters and glitter glue!

13. mashead2000

Haha only 2 of us-we will need more help ;) haha

And IGN only gave Unit 13 7.5 :( is that IGN just being themselves and not ever giving good scores?? I want it but then again im unsure lol

14. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    How's it saving any money exactly? You'll end up paying atleast 400 for just a vita and a couple of games. Add a few more games and you've already spent enough to buy the 16 gb ipad. And what exactly it does? Plays games. Sure the twin joysticks and buttons and big budget games makes it better for traditional games but an iPad is so much more than just a gaming console. And there is no limitation on the kind of games you can find to play on it.

And the few extra pixels happen to be almost 5 times as many as you'd find on the vita. I might get the vita sometime but not before it has atleast a few hundred games available on it so I can choose what I want to play instead of getting games which I can get cheaper and on better platforms too (console) simply coz theres only a dozen odd games available for it.

15. Madman100

Madman100 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2011
    ^ there already IS hundreds of games available on Vita.

16. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011

Indeed!

17. MicroByte

I think the score is fair. I love the demo, but it's not a perfect game. AI can be somewhat dumb at times, graphics aren't necessarily the best, but it's a decent game.

Needless to say, I'm still getting it after work even though I shouldn't. I picked up MLB2012 at lunch and just can't help myself!

18. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    My bad. Any link with a list of vita games? I couldnt find more than 30 released titles.

19. Madman100

Madman100 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2011
    If I could link you to PSN I would. Haha.

@Microbyte, I agree. The score seemed fair and in line with what I expected. On gaming news sites Unit 13 seems to be getting an 8/10 average.

20. mashead2000

Those will be the Vita specific titles then theres the PSP games compatible and the many Minis games

But hopefully this Friday there will be loads of Vita specific games announced :)