Dragonvale: Strategies/Tips (NOT an add me thread)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by darren12, Sep 18, 2011.

1. TIMELESS

TIMELESS Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    PLant and cold got evergreen for me. I got fireworks with fire and air.Good luck everyone and congrats on the ones who have gotten them.

2. hookedat40

hookedat40 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    thanks for the good vibes...

Hi all...sorry not trying to be sneaky but the stomach flu (or food poisoning) has hit my family with a vengeance. Thankfully I got my two solstices just under the wire...I think they make the breeding easier near the end...as it sounds like everyone here made it! yay!
    @sofalv so sorry to hear about your daughter, I am glad this forum gives you a much needed distraction from real world stress.
    Can't believe there are more new dragons! I still have to catch up on some 'old' ones! Way to go BFS!

3. Foxtail2010

Foxtail2010 Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    Eek! Sorry to hear you and the whole fam have been sick! I didn't really mean you were sneaky, I hope you know. :) but anyway, congrats and hope you're all doing better.

Yes! Just came on here and found out about the new dragons! YAY! First try with fire/chrome is a brass... I'm trying to be good and not spend my gems but I had to rush out a pearl fail to give it a go. :rolleyes: Sounds like many of you are getting the new ones easily, I'm all for that! Congrats! Can hardly wait to have another free cave... but >sigh< I'm being good.

Welcome back Amsterdam!

4. Danjarus

Danjarus Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2011
    Congrats fazstp!! Hopefully I can get some of your vibes for my first pearl.

5. apple-byte

apple-byte Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Germany
  6. Foxtail2010

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    #5086 Foxtail2010, Jun 28, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2012
    Yay fazstp! -congrats on your first Pearl! And fingers crossed for you too, danjarus... and Aly ... Amsterdam too?
    A few days left, I'm still hoping for a Pearl egg to display...a little greedy I know.

Just noticed that the sun/solstice stone has dimmed. That was a pretty nifty decoration. The fireworks cauldron is kinda neat tho. Wonder if we'll get fireworks out of it on the Fourth?

7. Deeneez

Deeneez Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Pacific northwest
    Live fireworks would be really cool!

Got my Fireworks dragon first try with fire and air that order in epic island. No luck yet with evergreen.

8. girlpower

girlpower Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Aww, wonderful to hear fazstp, must be a huge relief (phew) well done.

@Aly.....comon bud.....time to hear more good news from you too :(
    I'm badly wanting to kick down those Pearly gates for you, hang in there
    cos we are all united in cheering for you lovely x

Is there anyone else still trying for their first Pearl?

9. girlpower

girlpower Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Sorry to hear your family is unwell hooked.....teach me to be a smarty pants won't it....sorry, hope you know it was in house cheeky friend to friend :eek:
    Being winter here in Oz means flu season too, hubby has a bad cold so taking a wide berth around him right now ;)

I was also shocked to read on here about the two new dragons.....having to rely on levelling up to get another habitat sucks though..the least BS could do was to have given us one with the last update to keep in line with one per level GRR...
    don't want to hide anymore away to accommodate new dragons...but want the new dragons....why oh why can't I just have my cake and eat it too :p :D

10. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    Yes, more habitats would be welcome. Don't really want to start selling rainbow habitats to display one of each dragon.

11. apple-byte

Nov 25, 2010
    Germany
    #5091 apple-byte, Jun 28, 2012
    I have 4 moon, 5 sun & 5 rainbow habitats and all other dragons are shown on the islands (except the plant) - and still 1 habitat not used. Maybe you have to level up a bit.

Didn't you have the hibernation cave, where you can put 50 dragons on hold?

12. eugekava

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    Yes I do have a cave fully upgraded to hold 100 dragons. I have 70 in there now. I want to be able to display at least one of every dragon plus have enough money making habitats to make lots of money quickly to upgrade the shrines. I suppose, like Girlpower I want to have my cake and eat it too. :)

13. apple-byte

Nov 25, 2010
    Germany
    my dragons are all lvl 15 and enough money & food left
    no need for more money making dragons
    no interest in these ugly crowns
    just want to make sure, that theres no problem to show all dragons beside money making ones

14. Foxtail2010

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    #5094 Foxtail2010, Jun 28, 2012
    Thanks Deeneez and Timeless - Fire/Air for Fireworks.. Worked for me too.

15. Deeneez

Aug 23, 2011
    Pacific northwest
    Got my Evergreen ....used plant and cold in the regular cave. But this time I used an 11 plant with a 10 cold.. :D .....using a 15 cold was creating fails

16. jtfields

jtfields Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2010
    Got Firework with Blue Fire/Blazing. Two successes on three tries so far.

17. LBryanDLC

LBryanDLC Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Got Firework with Fire and Chrome first try. When they were finished breeding I threw them back into the EBC and got another 6 hour timer.:)

18. Deeneez

Aug 23, 2011
    Pacific northwest
    I'm sorry but I'm going to have to give the adult Fireworks the Ugly Award. The body reminds me of a plucked chicken!

19. Foxtail2010

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    Pearl #3 on the way! Goody, now I'll have an egg to display. Snow 15/Seaweed 13 EBI ... I have to think the odds are better for the next couple days. Did you guys get the warning today - that it's gone on July 1? Go Aly and danjarus and ... who else? C'mon Pearly Gates - open up for our friends! :D

20. eugekava

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    No way! Granted, its not sakura, but I wouldn't call it ugly. As they say though:"beauty is in the eye of a beer holder."

On another note, BS is really stretching the limits of what "theme" the dragons can fit in.

Soon we'll have toaster dragons, vacuum cleaner dragons, Zippo dragons, vomit dragons, etc.