We're mad as hell about iOS games that cost money, have ads, and/or any IAP at all.

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by tsharpfilm, Nov 3, 2009.

?

Is Canabalt worth $2.99?

1. Yes

213 vote(s)
    35.0%
  2. No

293 vote(s)
    48.2%
  3. Not my type of game

102 vote(s)
    16.8%
  1. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Again, if you report those posts they'll be moved to this thread.

2. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

Ah, don't get me wrong, no prob with your suggestion - I was indeed reffering to the whining and complaints. But as I said, I think it is still an insolent behaviour.
    Imagine your bakery selling a bread for, say 10 bucks? Would you start an endless discussion with your baker about that price? No. You just go and buy a differnt bread elsewhere. Just because this is the internet and people can jump around in anonymity doesn't make them the kings of the internet.
    Price discussions are insults to the developers at the same time.

3. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #2023 Vovin, Jan 14, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2012

No offense intended... but wouldn't it be more enough if ONE or TWO persons who tried it, give their impressions and say "it's worth it" or "it is not worth it"?
    Of what use - as Eli said - are 20, 30 or 40 complaints?
    You can't call that a price discussion. It's more "wild guessing about the app's quality connected with the inability to let the devs decide about the app's price".
    I must have wasted dozens of hours to find useful information and impressions in lots of threads, just because of all these whinings and rants.
    And I never saw that these complaints, rants and whinings were successful.

There's a good reason why this thread is in existence and it is filled with nearly 2.000 posts.

4. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    Love the comedic thread titles. Someone should be recording these so TA can do a recap layer on! :p

5. Ppolq

Ppolq New Member

Jan 14, 2012
    If I buy a $10 loaf of bread and it tasted anything short of amazing (to me), I would demand a refund. I would also complain about it on Yelp and let my friends and family know to stay away. They'd probably go check it out anyway, and Yelp about it afterwards and share it with their family and friends, etc.

I could just walk away and leave it at that but I won't. Especially not after some piss-poor baker with a terrible business sense insulted me by trying to sell me his overpriced mediocre bread. People with do or die attitudes are pitiful (i.e., don't like our government? leave the country!).

Customers expressing their disdain for an overpriced product is insolent? And? Price discussion is an insult to the developer? Kids says the darnedest things. :rolleyes:

What a roundabout, convoluted, and obfuscated way of saying "opinion."

By the way, the majority of that sentence is filled with incoherent, nonsensical gibberish; e.g., the app's quality connected with the inability to let the devs decide about the app's price." You obviously don't know what you're talking about so I won't be humoring you anymore.

6. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

Methinks thou dost protest too much.

7. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    And you do? You haven't the slightest idea about whats happening here. Since you are new to the site, I'll make it a lil easier for you. First read the posts which were moved to this thread from the taito one. Now read your own post again. Notice something? Everything you said in that post is completely invalid. I won't insult your intelligence by telling you how it's invalid before giving you a chance to discover it on your own. But if you can't, just lemme know. I'm quite experienced in spoon feeding stuff to kids :)

8. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #2028 Vovin, Jan 14, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2012

Yes, I've lol'ed after reading his post, too.

PS: oh, btw., let me ensure this guy that I know what I am talking about.
    It's just that you don't know. And it's fun that you don't understand this thread's true purpose.

9. Trev1

Trev1 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Chef
    NYC/CT...USA
    #2029 Trev1, Jan 18, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2012
    OUCH! im never one to express anger in app prices but DAMN! its all good i mean it is a top quality fighter..............from many years ago which i played over and over and.....over....this will be a tough decision....does anyone think it will go down maybe for valentines day?

10. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    It should be 12 dollars and nah...it isn't out yet. Me thinks Sanuku was in a hurry to post this topic before Echoseven would. :p

11. bagofeyes

bagofeyes Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2011
    Australia
    wtf @ that price

12. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

It`s around $19,90.

13. dinoeggs777

dinoeggs777 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2011
    #2033 dinoeggs777, Jan 18, 2012
    Dang. 12 bucks. Also, no iPad 1 compatability?

Edit:

19 bucks?
    I'm considering not buying this now...

14. mashead2000

mashead2000 Well-Known Member

Jesus wonder how much it is in UK?
    Cheaper than an iphone? ;)

Bonus is its Universal tho!

15. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    It's on sale too!

Probably $20 NZD once it's over.

(good)

16. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Wow I like soul caliber but at that price I'm going to pass.

17. Spamcan

Spamcan Well-Known Member

So it'll be $12 US and probably $15 or more after the sale is over. Normally I'm not one to complain about price but Soul Calibur is $10 on XBLA. How can they justify charging 1/3rd more for a version of the game without physical controls? Don't get me wrong SC is well worth $12 but considering how inconsistent Namco's iOS controls are that's tough to swallow without a demo.

18. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Hmmm so we can talk about the crazy price for Soul Calibur but not a word about pricing for Rayforce ! Need some consistency here

19. dinoeggs777

dinoeggs777 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2011
    This is the SoulCalibur thread. Anyway, I'll just wait for inpressions before I make the jump

20. Spamcan

Spamcan Well-Known Member

#2040 Spamcan, Jan 18, 2012
    No I'm sure all these posts will be moved despite the fact that the price does affect people's opinion.

I have nothing against touch screen controls but I think when a game is designed around physical controls most people prefer them. Does the game really look better? I'm fairly certain the XBLA version is 720p.