Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > General Game Discussion and Questions

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 12-22-2013, 01:53 PM
dancj dancj is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 488
Default

I have many many games on my watch-list.

Stand-outs I can think of offhand that haven't come cheap enough yet are:
Oceanhorn
X-Com
Autumn Dynasty (I refuse to buy the $1/1/1 games)
Deus Ex (ditto)
The Room 2
Infinity Blade 3
Carcassonne
Smallworld
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 12-22-2013, 02:30 PM
Cilo Cilo is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 2,185
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancj View Post
I have many many games on my watch-list.

Stand-outs I can think of offhand that haven't come cheap enough yet are:
Oceanhorn
X-Com
Autumn Dynasty (I refuse to buy the $1/1/1 games)
Deus Ex (ditto)
The Room 2
Infinity Blade 3
Carcassonne
Smallworld
Deus Ex is already on sale for .99, and Xcom is 50% off.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 12-23-2013, 01:52 PM
dancj dancj is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 488
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cilo View Post
Deus Ex is already on sale for .99, and Xcom is 50% off.
Deus Ex is at that unfair 1/1/$1 pricing tier that penalises non-Americans so I refuse to buy it.

Even at 50% off, X-Com is more expensive than I'm willing to pay for a game I'm not sure I'll really like.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 12-23-2013, 02:48 PM
KiddToKmart KiddToKmart is offline
Senior Member
iPad mini
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,399
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancj View Post
Deus Ex is at that unfair 1/1/$1 pricing tier that penalises non-Americans so I refuse to buy it.

Even at 50% off, X-Com is more expensive than I'm willing to pay for a game I'm not sure I'll really like.
........... Really? Not buying Deus ex because you'll have to pay a few cents extra? Your loss
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 12-24-2013, 01:53 PM
dancj dancj is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 488
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiddToKmart View Post
........... Really? Not buying Deus ex because you'll have to pay a few cents extra? Your loss
I'm not fussed about the price difference. I'd have considered buying it at the $2/1.50 pricing tier. I just refuse to cooperate with this tier that's seemingly set up to punish non-Americans.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 12-24-2013, 02:30 PM
psj3809 psj3809 is offline
Moderator
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: England
Posts: 8,399
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancj View Post
I'm not fussed about the price difference. I'd have considered buying it at the $2/1.50 pricing tier. I just refuse to cooperate with this tier that's seemingly set up to punish non-Americans.
I get your point slightly. It is unfair that non-Us customers pay a fraction more but when games are sooooo cheap (compared to games I bought in the 80s or 90s) it seems very petty to get upset over 30p (50c)
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 12-24-2013, 05:15 PM
dancj dancj is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 488
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
I get your point slightly. It is unfair that non-Us customers pay a fraction more but when games are sooooo cheap (compared to games I bought in the 80s or 90s) it seems very petty to get upset over 30p (50c)
It does, but as long as I've got a mile high pile of games I haven't even tried yet I'll stick to my principles.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 12-24-2013, 05:18 PM
Connector Connector is offline
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: In the Chatroom
Posts: 15,759
Default

Mickey Mouse Castle of Illusion
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 12-25-2013, 09:50 AM
Tannorexic Tannorexic is offline
Senior Member
iPad mini, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Somewhere in the spiritual realm
Posts: 598
Default

After little inferno went on sale, I was hoping we would see an influx of Xmas sales..but instead a tumbleweed flies by.
😩

Oh well, least the lockout is almost over.
I'm bored already. I need more app icons to collect and never play!
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 12-25-2013, 01:36 PM
juls363 juls363 is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 436
Default

Oceanhorn
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent