Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Omega-F, Jan 19, 2011.

1. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
  2. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    Actually I've been trying to decide between a 3ds and a vita for a few days and this made my mind up. I've bought a vita and will buy the new 3ds next year.

I do feel for anyone who bought a 3ds recently though, if it was me I'd feel rather miffed.

3. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    Eh, I bought used anyway. The only thing that really strikes me about these is the better spot for the stylus. I have to take that out most of the time playing Mario Kart because it gets in my way on the side.

4. MystikSun

MystikSun Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    I got my 3DS XL in the past year. I'm hoping for a decent trade-in offer when the new 3DS come out. I don't really want to miss out on new releases like Xenoblade Chronicles and I definitely want the second analog for Smash Bros and Monster Hunter (clunky circle pad pro doesn't cut it).

Why Nintendo ._.

5. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    It remains to be seen how well that tiny second stick works. It sure is tiny. The "clunky" circle pad pro might be a lot better. Or it might not. I'd wait and give it a try before investing.

6. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    #1206 Cilo, Aug 30, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2014
    Pretty sure it works exactly like the old Gamecube controller C-stick, where you flick for different camera angles, or flick for special abilities like Super Smash in Smash Bros. hence the name C-stick. I don't think it's a dedicated second analogue stick, actually I am 99% sure it isn't one. Iwata stated that similarity in the Nintendo Direct.

7. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    I can't get into Bravely Default at all, feels very boring. Might be my hate for random encounters in JRPGs.

8. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    I felt the same. I played the demo a lot just for the heck of it, but I'm pretty over JRPGs. At any time in the settings though you can turn off random encounters and lower the difficulty. For example if you're trying to just travel across an area to save at a town, turn off random encounters.

9. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

10. Zerodactyl

Zerodactyl Well-Known Member

Some Special Edition ones have been announced!

Attached Files:

11. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    #1211 JCho133, Sep 1, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2014
    Totally saw that one coming. It's basically built for monster hunter

That'd be me. I bought one less than a month ago after 2 weeks of contemplation. The main thing holding me back was that I had a feeling they'd release another revised model. Needless to say, I was slightly very furious about the announcement.

But I've come to terms with it and I'm happy with my choice. We're not gonna see a western release for at least 4 months, so it's not too bad that I bough it. Had the western release come in October as well... I think you get the point.

I'm pretty happy all in all though, because MH4U and Smash are going to be great on it. And fingers crossed they'll get the GBA virtual console working on it.

12. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    New 3D effect, and buttons are great, but I hope they tighten up the hinge! I am so tired of that small amount of wiggle between locking positions. :(

13. Resident Evil Revelation 2 will not out on Nintendo console.

14. Zerodactyl

Zerodactyl Well-Known Member

Nintendo of Europe to hold a Zelda-themed September sale on the eShop to celebrate Hyrule Warrior's launch.

The 3DS Games on sale until 11th September will be:
    The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D - €29.99/£25.99 (Ends 11th September, normally €44.99/£39.99).
    The Legend of Zelda (NES VC) - €3.49/£2.44 (Ends 11th September, normally €4.99/£4.49).
    Zelda II: The Adventure of Link (NES VC) - €3.49/£2.44 (Ends 11th September. normally €4.99/£4.49).

15. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    New sale on a bunch of Mario games in promotion of the new SSB

16. Jerutix

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    A Link Between Worlds is sooooooo good! I still have a fair amount left, but I've put in 9 hours of scenic route play. Taking my sweet time because I haven't played such a good RPG since... since maybe the last Zelda game I played?

17. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    What was the last Zelda you played?

18. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    Just finished Prof Layton vs Phoenix Wright, awesome game! Always amazed by the great storytelling, music, and animation in these games. Was a nice crossover game, featured both series pretty well.

19. Jerutix

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    Maybe Twilight Princess. I don't remember for sure. There's just something about the intersection of nostalgia and strong gameplay that makes Zelda always stand out. I mean, I enjoyed Oceanhorn, but I was ready for it to end when I got there. Could just be using a touch screen. IDK, I couldn't get into Wayward Souls or Mage Gauntlet either.

I saw you on there playing, yesterday. It was the first time anyone else had been online the same time as me.

20. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    Haha I did see my orange light blinking when I was playing! Guess it was you that was on! :)