Rapunzel - Happily Ever After - Development of a game inspired by my little daughter

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Simmikolon, Mar 2, 2016.

1. Simmikolon

Simmikolon Member

Aug 20, 2014
    Hi,

my name is Simon Kemper and I am the developer of the game "Rapunzel - Happily Ever After" which will be release as an iOS / OS X game much later this year.

I really want to share this with as most people as possible since getting feedback very early in the development is so important. So have a short look and let me know what you think.

Basic Idea is the prince has to jump up the tower and rescue Rapunzel which is being kept in the tower. It's the most loved story of my daughter and her drawings of Rapunzel inspired me a lot. Gameplay will be a bit like Doodle-Jump but with a lot of additional elements.

[​IMG]

2. That's a wonderful idea, to take on the actual legens, somewhat forgotten and turn them into games. Anctually, you don't need much turning right now, since the whole scenario is ready and waiting for you out there.
    I think the key here would be the desing - how to get people's attention now and make them want to turn into Siegfired or somewthing like that. It reminds me of exactly of the Siegfried and Brunhilde legend as it was ised in Django, and I imagine similar usage. Anyways, great idea and a nice platform game here, however I think there's a whole lot more potential in the oil you've just struck a little bit.