Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-26-2013, 01:08 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

I'm having the same problems that I had with Running Fred. The Controls. Landscape and Tilt.. It won't work for me. I don't have the feeling that I have control over my character, it's just pure luck to avoid the obstacles, especially while sprinting.
Old 05-26-2013, 02:22 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by sink_or_swim View Post
I'm having the same problems that I had with Running Fred. The Controls. Landscape and Tilt.. It won't work for me. I don't have the feeling that I have control over my character, it's just pure luck to avoid the obstacles, especially while sprinting.
I don't have any problem with the control, it works great, the tilt, double jump, touch... My only problem is my score keeps reset from beginning... Huh... I like this game , but that's bug really annoy me..

My score in leaderboard keep changing from time to time... Duh! Now is about 50,000.. Actually, my highest is showing in the pic below..

Last edited by metalcasket; 05-26-2013 at 03:47 PM..
Old 05-26-2013, 04:03 PM
Banned
iPhone 5

Downloading

Edit: A huge meh, it has all the things I dont like and don't support:

- Dual currency (IAP or not, don't support dual currency in any form at all)
- Facebook integration (here is needed for almost anything that gives you coins and more)
- Tilt. In some games works well (Tilt to Live, Bellyfish) but not here. It doesnt work well, even with an iPhone 5. No calibration or anything.
- Progress keeps getting deleted (like in Banana Kong for me, sad because BK is great)

So wasted opportunity as it looked like Ski Safari in 3D.

Deleted!

Back to freemium done right: Dead Ahead... or Bellyfish, or Bouncy, or (add any other endless game here),...

Last edited by TheFrost; 05-26-2013 at 05:35 PM..
Old 05-27-2013, 03:26 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Same imps from me. Game could be better, but I guess Dedalord may have not the time to look at the physics and pacing in Blood Roofs, Temple Run, Pitfall or TheEndApp.

It's been the same feeling i get between Running Fred and Skiing Fred. Falling Fred was good, coz it was one of the first of it's kind on the appstore that was done well, but Running and Skiing Fred feel too luck-based.

I feel like i can just spam double jumps and still get far without even trying to actually play the game.

Also, pairing up a jump button with a brake/slow button only felt like it was a lazy and hasty design decision. Brakes halt the momentum that you build up and it's where the action and higher rewards come from in other runners, and brakes are usually only used in Car Racing games (and usually only used for drifting which is to help you maintain as much speed as possible rather than putting you to a stop).

My first game took me almost 10 minutes. First game. It already felt boring before i got to die (multiple lives :P). Also, in the end, despite the amount of time played, still could only upgrade the first additional Stomp skill, and im short to upgrade anything else.

To summarize, and clear what i have to say about this game: It isnt bad, but there's lots of runner titles way better than this and is more skill-based. It's free, so try it if it works out for you. I know it didnt for me.

Oh... forgot to mention... Also, too Grindy.

Last edited by Exact-Psience; 05-27-2013 at 03:30 AM..
Old 05-27-2013, 03:50 PM
iPad, OS 4.x

Same (insert generic endless runner game here) with a different skin... Collect, grind, upgrade, rinse and repeat. Blah blah blah. Tried it and deleted after 10 minutes. I'm glad others are enjoying it though. Not for me.