Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > General Game Discussion and Questions

Old 03-25-2014, 03:09 PM
iPhone 5c, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancj View Post
That's what stopped me too. 1gb might (or might not) be enough right now, but I want to buy an iPad that copes with the apps that will be coming out in three years.
Right. Just drop a note to Tim Cook and he will hook you up. Tell him Steve sent you.

iPadcanspotatrollfromamileaway?
Old 03-25-2014, 07:12 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPadisGreat View Post
If your iPad will be your primary computer like in my case, then you won't want iOS force quitting tabs and apps on you willy nilly.
I've been using an iPad Air for three months, in that time I've had one app crash (that was an impressive crash though, the iPad actually restarted, never seen that before or since on any previous iPad or iPhone. It was Warhammer Quest, it's not crashed since then). I have a 64GB iPad Air which is full of games (no music or video), so that's a lot of different apps I've used with no problems.

Safari does still sometimes (often?) refresh tabs when you switch back to them which is very irritating, and crashes to desktop occasionally too (but only on certain websites), with iOS7 this happens less than it did before but it does still happen.

But I agree, it doesn't have enough RAM.
Old 03-27-2014, 02:48 PM
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPadisGreat View Post
Right. Just drop a note to Tim Cook and he will hook you up. Tell him Steve sent you.

iPadcanspotatrollfromamileaway?
You're calling me a troll because I don't think the iPad Air has enough RAM?

Seriously??
Old 03-27-2014, 04:56 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
You're calling me a troll because I don't think the iPad Air has enough RAM?

Seriously??
Don't worry, I have been called a troll here before too, it's no biggie. I agree with you, the ipad air doesn't have enough ram for console like gaming. The ipad pro will be it.
Old 03-28-2014, 02:35 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

I just went through an update from a 64gb 4 to a 128gb Air.
I made the change just to get the extra storage space. I was going to just get a 128gb 4 instead but I was able to get an Air for just $225 more than what I got out of my 4th gen.
The weight difference on paper is very slight, but it makes a decent difference in real life. The smaller size isn't a big deal and actually the reduced bezel width on the sides makes me more likely to tap the screen accidentally.
I haven't really noticed a large difference in performance between the two but that may be due to a lack of demanding games. I certainly didn't make the change due to performance issues with the 4.
The biggest differences I notice are the Air sometimes needs to have a game patched to run on it where the 4 didn't, and the stereo speakers on the Air.
Just getting stereo speakers and the weight reduction made the switch worth it for me. Other changes like the bezel are problems and not gaming improvements.
I can't say I'd make the same choice if I didn't have a recent model iPad to sell to make the upgrade easier on my wallet.
Old 03-29-2014, 02:36 PM
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x

The stereo speakers are next to useless for me because they are only for when the iPad is in portrait - and my iPad is practically always in landscape.
Old 03-29-2014, 05:07 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
The stereo speakers are next to useless for me because they are only for when the iPad is in portrait - and my iPad is practically always in landscape.
Yeah, they need to think about doing some kind of redesign on that end because whenever you'd want to use the speakers landscape is the orientation you would most likely be using it. Other tablets like Amazon's Kindle Fire HDX are designed so as to encourage landscape as holding it in portrait is awkward with the glossy bezel on the one side. Why couldn't Apple put speakers on both ends of the iPad?