Phantom Updates?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Mene, Sep 15, 2013.

1. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    My ipad has been annoying me for the past 5-6 days now.

It keeps telling me theres 1 update to download from the App Store but when I go to the updates page it tells me all my apps are up to date. Grrrr

Anyone else getting this?

2. Mene

Mar 18, 2012
    It's just me then.. Hmm

3. Mene

Mar 18, 2012
    Its getting bloody ridiculous now..

Every 1-2 hrs its telling me theres 4 updates, when I go to get them it says all apps are up to date!! What next 6,10,20?? ..stupid :(

4. Crzychkn

Crzychkn Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Utah, USA
    This happening right around a big os update release doesn't surprise me. Think about it. Apples servers are getting hammered, and there will soon be probably quite a few apps that update for ios 7 functionality/compatibility. I wouldn't let it stress you so bad, it doesn't seem like such a big deal especially as it doesn't effect functionality of your device at all.

5. indalico

indalico Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    ohio
    Yeah I saw that happen overnight. I did have 5 updates mostly for iOS 7 issues and saw them and held off. Check back a few hours later, no updates. But there really were those updates and I have them now.

6. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    I haven't been downloading updates for awhile as most of them have been patches to fix save games for iOS7, I had 86 and went to check a couple of the new ones and it now says all apps are up to date. So you probably do have an update, it's just the App Store having a bit of a nut.