Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 09-04-2013, 07:55 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Hannum View Post
Actually, whether it's required or not really is the only relevant matter. A dev who doesn't include optional IAP is cheating themselves out of income they might otherwise earn.

People on here like to kid themselves that all that mad Clash of Clans and Candy Crush Money is somehow the result of insidious sith mind control of hapless sheeple. It's not; those collective grosses that dwarf nearly all fixed cost games represent what a lot of gamers, casual or otherwise, are willing to spend to be entertained. Devs catering to folks like yourself are leaving money on the table because - you've already implicitly expressed that apps should have a fixed price that is acceptable to the majority of its target audience and you have no interest in paying any more.

So long as the variable elements don't affect the enjoyment of the game in and of themselves (people's outrage they're in the game don't count ), they're a good thing for everyone, even someone like you because they're what keeps revenue rolling in and, therefore, sustained development.

Spent plenty here, doesn't entitle me to anything, particularly asking developers and publishers to cheat themselves out of money so I can feel like I bought the "whole game" when there is no appreciable effect upon my *actual* experience.

Ask yourself: if Kairosoft sold this game for $5 outright, had the ticket and friend system but didn't sell the tickets in a cash shop, would you like the game more? And if that is the case, then you know your indignation is inherently irrational because this game plays just like that once you unlock it.

At any rate, by now, Kairosoft knows what their average unit sales are and they know what the average behavior of their fan base is. If $0 up front with a $5 unlock and optional fluff for unlocking things faster is bringing them in more revenue than $4 at at launch with inevitable $1 sales, clearly that's the choice they should be making.

The difference between you and I is that I visit online forums to share my views and insight, you on the other hand prefer to visit the website and discredit others point of views in favour of your own because for some reason or another you think your answer is, as you might put it, the only "relevant" answer.

I myself have been gaming since the 70's and purchasing from the App Store since day 1. As a gamer my point that I'm trying to make is that consumable IAPs are killing Apps and my desire to play them. I do not wish to support this business model. If this game was $5 and had zero ads and still had everything else such as tickets no I wouldn't buy it. Any developer that expects me to drop cash on their game best not hope or expect me to drop more cash on consumable IAP.

And yes I played Beastie Bay on my Android tablet along with plenty of other Kairosft games which have yet to grace iOS such as Cruise Ship Story, Pocket Stables, The Pyraplex, Ninja Village and I even tried Pocket League Story 2 which was also "free". Having played BB was the reason for my comment, if they had a free version in style like their older games with a 2 year time limit and a $5 price to unlock the full game I'd be all over it. As it stands with consumables I'll pass.

I didn't come here to carry on and say "WTF dudz!! Y'alls r stupidz 2b drop'n g's on dis game with IAPs, smrtn up dogz". Yes a bit of an exaggeration of course but you see what I'm getting at, I'm not here to say the game is bad I'm here to say I won't be playing it. I'm glad you and others like it and are willing to play it, whether you choose to spend money on IAPs is your prerogative.

Cheers, and welcome to the Internet where no one can share opinions.
Old 09-04-2013, 08:22 PM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drucifer View Post
Cheers, and welcome to the Internet where no one can share opinions.
By all means share opinions, but be prepared to defend and support them.
Old 09-05-2013, 06:09 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Hey guys, is this the thread where we complain about IAPs?

Ha ha! Just kidding! That's *every* thread on TouchArcade!
Old 09-22-2013, 07:54 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

I guess I was being a bit argumentative. I decided to give the game a go and at least then I can express my dislike for the IAP in my App Store review.

The game actually is pretty fun and does have a certain charm to it. The main reason for actually giving it another go is my daughter kept trying to play the App because she thought it looked fun, it's too complex for her as she is only four so she asked me to play with her.

I've already got plenty of tickets from random friend requests and disabled recommendations at startup and enabled fast mode. I do find the game does progress a tad slow and the whole job change is quite bizarre as I have no clue what helps increase the odds of landing that new career.

I apologize for my previous aggressiveness. lol Still hate the IAP model but at least one can progress at a normal pace without the need to fork over cash because they hit a standstill.
Old 11-28-2013, 12:21 AM

After playing this game I have fell in love with free games with iap, it is free! And all u have to do is have banner ads on bottom of the screen and friend a few people, some games have tap joy which is pretty easy too, free games are 100 percent great.
If u like the game great, use tap joy for 10 minutes, if u dont, at least u didn't lose money
Old 01-09-2014, 04:25 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

i just started this game. please add me as a friend.

chombiekay
ID 2301065252