What would you like to win and how?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by FaresF, Apr 10, 2011.

?

How would you like to earn your entry to the contest?

Poll closed Apr 13, 2011.
  1. 1: Download - 2: HONEST review (App Store) & send us username - 3: Twitter or Facebook post

60.0%
  2. 1: Download - 2: Unlock specific achievement, send us a screenshot - 3: Twitter or Facebook post

40.0%
  1. FaresF

FaresF Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2011
    Consultant
    We're preparing for a mega contest very soon and we'd like to see what you peeps think would make for a perfect prize/prizes :D

We have a few in mind already and any input from you would be highly appreciated!

I'm also adding a poll herewith to see what would be your preferred method to gain an entry to the said contest.

Please share with your friends, obviously the more feedback, the better!

2. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    How mega is mega? One dev recently posted a competition with an $8000 grand prize!

I think personally, what I like to see as a prize is an iPad 2. Every time a competition to win one comes around they're always aimed at people who already own iPads and usually take place on iPad games... which is ridiculous really. Give us non-iPad owners a chance!

3. FaresF

FaresF Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2011
    Consultant
    We're keeping the prizes a surprise for now but rest assured they are aimed at anyone ;) , well anyone who will fulfill a couple of pre-determined conditions to gain entry :D

4. foxmulderino

foxmulderino Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Student
    Italy
    I try to guess...some iPhone 5 that only you own before the official release?

5. FaresF

FaresF Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2011
    Consultant
    LOL good one! Keep sending us what you'd like to win. I'm taking answers for the next couple of days :)

6. Stan

Stan Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2010
    USA
    Definitely an iPad 2!
    or just a voucher to an apple store

7. FaresF

FaresF Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2011
    Consultant
    Duly noted! Hey Disc Drivin' is one of my favs as well :)

8. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    probly some itunes gift cards or an ipad 2 :p

9. FaresF

FaresF Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2011
    Consultant
    Cool :p

10. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    A giftcard is good enough.

11. FaresF

FaresF Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2011
    Consultant
    Duly noted, sir! :)

12. FaresF

FaresF Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2011
    Consultant

Attached Files:

13. Jdragoon19

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    i actually dont rly care wat method of winning a contest lol but i picked the first option since im bored

14. phattestfatty

phattestfatty Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2010
    I think something like a giftcard is cool. But of course, bigger prizes are cool too :p

and I think a DL and review type of thing is better because usually for the other option, it is whoever sees the contest post first, or whoever has the least life and so can go play something for 30 hrs straight (exaggeration of course but you get my point)
    Of course, maybe 2 contests at once? one of each kind... that's cool too. :)

15. FaresF

FaresF Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2011
    Consultant
    Don't make me blacklist you, LOL, kidding! Thanks for voting :)

16. FaresF

FaresF Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2011
    Consultant
    Thank you! All valid points :)

But for the record, if we were to choose the "unlock an achievement", it would be something really easy to achieve (there are a couple of those in the game), just to make sure that the player has actually bought the game. Choosing difficult achievements would defeat the purpose behind the contest which is to make it accessible for everyone and not just the hardcore players :)

17. natedogg213

natedogg213 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Blogger
    Colorado
    #17 natedogg213, Apr 10, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2011
    Contests are fantastic and I wish we'd see them a bit more often! How about a $100 itunes gift certificate? I think this is a much more reasonable prize than an ipad 2, especially considering your app is competing with some true heavyweights such as Words with Friends and Scrabble.

I think the ideal contest (not listed) would be something such as a tournament in which you gain entrees and turn it into a single or double elimination tournament with you remix mode (I haven't played yet but it seems like it would work well) Maybe even give prizes out to 1st-3rd places. ($50 for first, $25 for second and $10 for third). I know this wasn't mentioned as an option but it would make things most interesting. You would essentially create a tournament bracket, after which players would send screenshots of their score. This would really be cool.

The "unlock specific achievement" is a good idea as well. However, I am curious as to what that achievement would be.

In distant third option would be the "HONEST review (App Store) & send us username - 3: Twitter or Facebook post" These are always sketchy because they result in buttered up reviews made with the sole intent of winning a prize.

Good luck

18. Red1

Red1 Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Nov 26, 2010
    Pre-occupied
    I prefer skill based competitions, such as making game improvement suggestions, naming a character, etc.

The people here mention $8000 and iPad 2's (of course), however... There's no need to offer expensive prizes as most gamers are thrilled to win an iTunes card.

Although, if you're targeting a worldwide audience it's actually better to offer money via paypal as apple doesn't support international gifting or International iTunes cards. I've never understood why developers give away Amercian-only Cards.

19. Jdragoon19

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    lol ya no problem :p

20. natedogg213

natedogg213 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Blogger
    Colorado
    But if it were easy to achieve, wouldn't everybody win!?