Who wants Phoenix Wright to hit the AppStore?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Somerandomdude, Nov 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    Possibly the greatest game on the DS, Phoenix Wright just seems like a perfect fit for the iPhone, with its type of gameplay and its save system. So who else wants to see it happen?

2. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    I've mentioned it several times, but yes. I do indeed want this on the AppStore, the entire series would be nice.

This and The World Ends With You.

3. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    And The World Ends With You was the other game that I could consider the best game on the DS. It's a close call, but I'm leaning for Wright. So I'd like to see that first. I personally want the second and third the most (as I already beat the first one), but I'd even settle for one I've beaten. It's that good.

4. ikemike

ikemike Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    Chicago
    Guys. TWEWY is unrealistic for iPhone, unless they make major drawbacks. Our only hope is Tin-Pin.

As for PW, I'd say that a port could be good, but it'd do best if they have entirely new ones. They could sell the whole thing as $7 or something, or have $1 per small case, $2 per epic case.

5. ChocoVanilla

ChocoVanilla Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Traveller
    SweetsTown, DessertVille, CandyLand
    That would be so awsome...PW is my most fave handheld game of all time. Maybe $5 for the game itself and then additional cases through DLC.

6. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    Dude yeah... Awesome ideas... I loved PW and when I finished all the cases it was just a huge letdown. Not because of how the game ended (it was awesome), but the fact that all the cases were solved. DLC would keep this from happening, and if Capcom was smart, this would be one of the first things they'd do. The thing is keeping the cases connected though, as that was one of the best parts about PW games is how the cases all have some plot element in common. Maybe it'd be sold in sections?

7. ikemike

Jul 23, 2009
    Chicago
    You know, it'd be super awesome if they sold bundles of 3-4 cases that align with eachother for $3-4 each, along with one bundle included initially. I would totally buy them.

But, I'm not sure how much time it takes to create the Phoenix Wright cases... So I dunno.

8. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    I'm being totally unreasonable and disagreeing.

9. Brazilian Rider

Brazilian Rider Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2009
    I remember I spent about three months tracking down both Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney and Trauma Center: Under the Knife after hearing rave reviews about them (they were both low-shipping games, so I had to go to an GameStop like thirty miles away to grab them).

10. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    While I don't know about trauma center, Phoenix wright was worth the hunt. One of the greatest games ever.

And as to the one who suggested the case bundles, great idea. They may take time to come out though, just due to how much time it must take to come up with such an awesome script.

11. ikemike

Jul 23, 2009
    Chicago
    Hmm. I guess I got lucky. I managed to find a GameStop with Phoenix Wright that was only half an hour away from home. Next to my favorite buffet. = ]

Anyways, I probably wouldn't have even played the game if it was too hard to find. I'm glad I did, as it was a life-changing game for me. Err... Maybe not, but it prompted me to take a lawyering class over the summer, which was enormous fun.

12. Bdragonst

Bdragonst Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Student
    Japan -> S.Korea -> USA
    #12 Bdragonst, Nov 25, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2009
    yeah it will be a great game.. i love Gyakuten Saiban(Japanese version) since the very first one came out in 2001 on GBA (i bought it on the release day too) ;)

someone should send an e-mail to Capcom to make some :) ... the problem is, if they release it on app store, it will be like 7-10 USD because they're pretty greedy lol

13. CandyNJ66

CandyNJ66 Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer
    Hell yes, would be super nice if PW came to the idevice.

14. beachmusic

beachmusic Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2009
    This is one of the best handheld game ever and sold systems for the DS, I for one bought an NDS for this! A mobile version of the 1st one is already available so I hope that Capcom sees it fit to release this franchise for the iphone!

15. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    I just remembered a way to play a couple of cases from Gyakuten Saiban 3 in English. There's a rom translation for the first two cases or a
    so. Just download it and put it in gpsphone. Unfortunately that app now coats money.

16. Kartel

Kartel Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2009
    I'm surprised no one has ripped off the concept in over a year of the Appstore.

17. tblrsa

tblrsa Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Vienna
    I would like to see this gem hitting the Appstore. :) Keep em coming

18. c0re

c0re Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    I want !

This game has nearly conviced me to buy a DS, just for it.

19. Prab

Prab Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Dec 17, 2008
    CS student
    SG