Closest thing to Pokemon on iPhone/iPod Touch

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by hawks12thman, May 26, 2009.

1. SoulBlade

SoulBlade Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2011
    Never played pokemon?!?! Thats like never watching Sesame street! You are either old as hell or had no childhood.

2. yomachaser

yomachaser Member

Feb 5, 2009
    I think the closest would be puppysaurus but i dont think it's out yet.

3. Attollos Technologies

Attollos Technologies Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2011
    iPhone Development Company
    A gameboy adcance emulator loaded with the suitable games?

4. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    Had no childhood? My childhood consisted of Playing Sports nearly 24/7, I think that the phrasing "Had No Childhood" would be better suited for those that played Pokemon whether it was the card game, Gameboy game or watching the show.

:p

5. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    I actually haven't played a Pokemon game either. But I absolutely LOVED the show.

6. sharks12

sharks12 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2011
    Developer
  7. SoulBlade

SoulBlade Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2011
    I did both.
    I had my gameboy out while I was playing tackle football.
    Thats how you play the damn game!

8. MystikSun

MystikSun Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Well here's your proof. New Pokemon game. It's a spin-off, but it's still a Pokemon game.

9. V3RMILLION

V3RMILLION Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2011
    It's still not a Pokemon game in the truest sense of the word. Nintendo released a mobile phone Pokemon game prior to this one. But it's still not a true Pokemon game, which is what the OP was originally looking for. And which will still not happen.

10. MystikSun

Dec 18, 2009
    But you forgot that "a Pokemon game in the truest sense of the word" was not being discussed by RedMattis. He simply stated "Fortunately there might actually be an official pokémon game coming to the iPhone, or so the current rumor in the indie game development scene goes."

This is official. It's a Pokemon game. It doesn't go with the main series line, but it's still an official Pokemon game.

11. candywriter

candywriter Well-Known Member

Im thinking the OP could clarify, but "closest thing to Pokemon" sounds more like asking for a game where you travel around, collect and trade battle monsters, not a rhythm game where you tap on cards which is what this game is gonna be...

whatever its licensed as it doesn't seem to fit within what someone that's looking for a "pokemon game" would want.

12. V3RMILLION

V3RMILLION Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2011
    @MystikSun: Seems to me that's exactly what he was insinuating.

13. Madman100

Madman100 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2011
    GeoSociety

Closest thing to pokemon on iPhone and iPod touch?

GeoSociety is by far the best, if not the only game like this on the AppStore.

Highly recommended!

14. xxteargodxx

xxteargodxx Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Male
    NJ
    Any news on the pokemon company making that game there was talks about?

15. MystikSun

Dec 18, 2009
    Turns out that the only thing that Pokemon Company has to do with the iDevices is that promotional music app.

16. Naxera

Naxera Active Member

Apr 13, 2011
    I was working on a Pokemon-like game called Roboji, short for robot and emoji (thinking of changing it to Robojimon :cool:) and it has robots instead of animals (less cruel because I like animals) and it is fully 3D, but it was difficult. Keep in mind it took the original creator six years to make the first Pokemon game!

I feel I have the skill to make it now however, so let me know if it sounds interesting to you guys. I think the reason Nintendo won't release a true Pokemon RPG game for iOS/Android is because they are also a hardware company and they are motivated to sell the only system the game runs on. Apple for example gets half of the ~$600 that each iPhone 4 sells for.

17. superwow

superwow Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2011
    ZigZaGame Inc
    Tokyo, Japan
  18. ZigZaGame

ZigZaGame Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2010
    Earth
  19. Shadow Scaar12

Shadow Scaar12 New Member

Dec 31, 2011
    U can get the game monster galaxy its a bit like pokemon but u always run out of energy and u cant keep playing but its probs the closest thing
    :):):):):):):):):)