Ikaruga is on Google Play

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by killercow, Dec 13, 2012.

1. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

2. defred34

defred34 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    #2 defred34, Dec 13, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2012
    Mother of GOD! I have only heard good things about this game (especially in the Polara thread), and have therefore got the game...downloading now.

I just hope it is playable despite me not knowing an inch of Japanese. Thanks for the share!

Update: Dammit! I'm getting an error after downloading the data. Luckily, within 15 mins so have refunded the $10. Best wait for a proper version of the game. It also seems to be linked to some free Japanese social network.

3. defred34

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    Ok, so someone showed me how to make the game work.

All in, it is poor. Really poor. Already the game is so challenging, you have to contend with 3 buttons (shoot, change and homing) and the movement stick (which just follows your finger). I can see this working with a controller, but on a touchscreen it is just too complex.

4. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
  5. defred34

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    Just realized there is an auto-shoot option in the settings.

Now the game is not too shabby. I think I completed it (5 levels?). There's infinite deaths here if you so choose.

The graphics are actually really amazing. The environment seems 3D, just that you move in a 2D plane.

What would really revolutionize the game now is that if they allow you to move + change color (now you need to stop moving first).

I can see the potential here on a proper console and why it is so highly rated in so many people's eyes.

PS: IMHO even non-shmup lovers will like this game. It plays totally different from other shumps.