Fighting Games!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by coconutbowling, Oct 22, 2011.

1. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    I'm not sure how or why, but I've suddenly had a craving for fighting games. I'm planning on getting a $150 joystick as well as a lot of upcoming fighters (UMVC3, BlazBlue Extend, Skullgirls). i've even decided to cancel my preorder of bbc3 (I know, gasp). Is this behavior normal?

In an unrelated note, I'm thinking of getting an iphone4s. Should I? i want to get feedback from TA members because I don't trust other sites and stuff.

2. McSorley

McSorley Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Seaside
    You are insane..

3. Spamcan

Spamcan Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Screw normal, I wouldn't touch any modern FPS and I love fighting games. Skullgirls looks amazing and I'm thinking about purchasing UMvC3 as well.

4. coconutbowling

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    That's a funny picture spamcam.

5. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    You should keep an eye on street fighter x tekken! :D

6. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    Yeah I went through a fighting game kick when MvC3 came out earlier this year because my friends and I played MvC2 a lot on 360 through the amazing re-release. I got a MadCatz stick (good deal, 100 bucks) and it was really awesome and worth the purchase. Anyways that game came and went and with few features it got old fast. I played it for a good amount of time, but not really as much as I would have liked. Also I got BlazBlue and played it once or twice, it wasn't really my style of game (although I would like to go back to it soon). I also played SF4 (vanilla) with my stick and that was pretty cool too.

Anyways, after a month I didn't play many fighting games, so the stick got dusty for a bit. In April Mortal Kombat came out and I pulled out the stick again to battle my friends, and that was great for a while too. I actually turned out to be really good at the game, my shining moment was an 8 win streak online where everybody left because I kicked all of their asses. I even got a couple hate messages, that was nice.

After that, I didnt really play any fighting games for a while. I used my stick on occasion for a variety of games like pac-man CE DX, a lot of old arcade games (which the stick is AMAZING for) and sometimes fighting games.

Coming into the present day, I havent played a fighting game in months and my stick sits at home, gathering dust, while I am off at college. However, I still follow the development of fighting games (UMvC 3, SFxT) from some of my favorite sites (eventhubs, shoryuken). I will still buy both of those games, and will eventually get my stick out here so I can game again.

7. coconutbowling

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    The only thing that's really stoping me from getting a fightstick now is that there might be a sale going on around the holidays. I heard last year there was a 2 for 1 sale going on, I wouldn't mind getting that if the same deal was out now. And I like how it's good for other games too! I'd love to use it for Castle Crashers and Scott Pilgrim.

8. Spamcan

Spamcan Well-Known Member

9. coconutbowling

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    I plan on getting one of these for a MAME cabinet I'm going to build. I like happ for classic arcade games, but I'd prefer to get Sanwa for fighting games.