★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPad: BATTLEFIELD: BAD COMPANY™ 2 for iPad - (by Electronic Arts)

06-02-2011, 01:36 AM
Originally Posted by Stealthy Monk View Post
I've been playing the iphone version on my ipad and I have to say it has the best fps controls yet for the ios. A little crowded on the iphone but with the real estate of the ipad-grrrrreeeeaaaat. Im going to stick to my .99 iphone version-no way Im paying $10 for this bad boy, despite the fun I've had with the other version.

I mean no disrespect, but why does every new ipad release have to be met with the same 'theres no ipad 2 optimizations' complaint? It plays great, it looks great, they made it run well on both ipads-isnt that enough?

If the iPhone 3GS graphics\games were good enough, why did new iPhone (and later iPod touch 4) games need retina enabled graphics?

By your logic, iPad 2 owners with the superior hardware should settle on the past, as should every new gen iOS device owner. Technology moves forward and so should developers output.

Beta Tester for: iBlastMoki 2, Deadlock, Aralon: Sword & Shadow HD
Gameloft: Pacificsun81
Gamecenter: Pacificsun81
06-02-2011, 02:27 AM
Well I have downloaded this and had a bit of a go on the train this morning. I like it. Graphics are pretty good, although not brilliant compared with something like Dead Space or IF. Controls are good. Dont think its going to take long to complete as I am onto mission 3 after only 30 mins of play.
06-02-2011, 03:29 AM
Downloaded overnight and had a few plays. I wasn't sure as I didn't really like the iPhone version. This is better.........

1. Graphics better (only a little).
2. Online connection is massively better. I always struggled to connect on the iPhone version.
3. Online playability better. I didn't die every 5 seconds and actually managed some streaks.

Negatives -

1. same 2 maps as iPhone version.
2. Same control system with no gyro.
3. No enhancements for iPad 2.
4. Same story.
5. No ranking system for online.

Overall - for me - much better BUT if you live the iPhone version, you may not want to spend the extra money.
06-04-2011, 11:05 AM
HD Gameplay Trailer:

Tutorial + First Mission.
06-04-2011, 05:01 PM

This game is total trash, the controls are unbearable, and the multiplayer is very laggy. The idea is nice, but why attempt to port a proper Battlefield game on to a small mobile device? Although it has good graphics, that's the only thing it has. The AI is stupid. My ally simply runs at a heavy machine gunner, and for some reason doesn't get killed. I got shot by a tank at almost point blank range while calling an air strike from binoculars three times and did not die. (It takes only a couple of rounds to a explode a whole truck. Realism clearly non existent. What is the point? Modern Combat Sandstorm is a much better, quality game by Gameloft. It's controls are excellent for a handheld device. It's not bloated in comparison to this wannabe console game. Let's hope we see less attempts at console games, and more attempts at fun mobile games.
06-27-2014, 06:45 PM
Is this game any good?