Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > General Game Discussion and Questions

Old 01-02-2014, 03:41 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Default Whatever happened to Rollercoaster Tycoon?

Atari announced it coming to iOS devices quite some time ago, but not even 1 single peep from Atari since then. It really surprises me. I know there are a kind of sort of games on the iPad, but nothing beats the original. You'd think Atari would jump on it. It would be an almost certain high selling on iTunes (provided it isn't plagued full of ads and/or *barfs* IAPS).

I think, developers should really pay more attention to users. IAPS can be somewhat useful, if it doesn't cost as much as a kidney and provides a needed ability or function to a game. My biggest complaint about them, is the sheer massive number of potentially great, well made, and fun games, that get killed by obsessive IAP abuse. No game should require multiple in game purchases to continue through a game (Candy Crush), or make even surviving without them (Dungeon Hunter 4). If a dev really feels a game is worth $19.99, then why not just give the price tag from the get go? Some games are easily worth that price, or even slightly more, but just get disgusting with the IAPs abusives that keeps happening.

Ok, sorry for that rant, but had to get it out of my system. That said, anyone have any idea what time table, if and/or when, Rollercoaster Tycoon might be released on iPads?
Old 01-02-2014, 06:51 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Maybe you missed the news but Atari filed for bankruptcy last year and was also working to sell off its portfolio to pay off some of the debt owed. I too was excited about the prospect of Roller coaster Tycoon on my iPad but we will have to sit in the wings and wait and see if anyone picked up the project, if it was dropped entirely or whatever in between. In any case Test Drive, Roller Coaster Tycoon and a number of other games were sold off to pay off some of the bankruptcy debt owed.
Old 01-03-2014, 12:56 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

I don't actually recall the Rollercoaster Tycoon actually ever sold during the auction

Froniter Developments supposedly have the right of developing and publishing version of Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 for new platforms, so there is that

Other than that, the franchise is in a limbo state currently
Old 01-14-2014, 04:27 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Its really a shame. Who does currently own developping rights and publishing rights?
Old 01-28-2014, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borgqueenx View Post
Its really a shame. Who does currently own developping rights and publishing rights?
Looks like Atari still owns it. According to this they might try and reboot it to save themselves. [URL="http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-11-01/atari-wins-approval-to-send-plan-to-vote-bankruptcy.html"][/URL]
Old 02-13-2014, 04:52 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Still nothing :'(
Old 02-13-2014, 08:28 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen)

Oh man, I’d love to see Rollercoaster Tycoon coming to iPads. Been ages since I last played it. :-/