Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 09-19-2014, 11:49 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protopop View Post
Thanks for the tip I like to see what's hot and new in the app gaming world.

One problem is that I'm stuck Using Unity 4.2 because they introduced a regression with unity 4.3 and higher - IOS terrain trees no longer work without dropping the framerate to like 4fps.

Ive been on the Unity forums for about a year begging for them to fix this. I'm worried that it might even keep me from releasing this update, but I'll cross one bridge at a time.

So unfortunately i have to wait until (if ever) its fixed to bring BrightRidge to metal. If Unity doesnt fix it i might not be able to continue making these games. I'm at their mercy. Anyways i will keep everyone posted and hopefully Unity will fix terrain trees and then I can work on a Metal export
That's quite disappointing actually,I really thought that if somehow the game could make it's way to metal apps section that would be incredible for it's visibility on the appstore,I hope unity guys fix it for you please do mail them once and explain why it's important to you to have the bug fixed,I'm sure they'll fix it.

Also nimian legends blows the zen garden thing 10 times over imo,really keep up the great work.I read you had some problems with crashing on the highest settings enabled perhaps metal might be the solution to the problem?Iphone 6 will probably have just slightly better performance than 5s according to the benchmarks.

Last edited by dylanfan007; 09-19-2014 at 11:53 AM..
Old 09-19-2014, 12:00 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Update about the quality settings:
Sorry, I cannot find it. I just went through all games I currently have installed, and none of them hit the mark.

@dylanfan: Nice to see someone else stating the same, that Robert did a better job than mighty Epic with their huge resource pool

@Protopop: About Unity:
What Dylan says. And hah, point out to Unity what you want to do (if you really want to follow my crazy idea), and that it would benefit them if they had something that shows Epic "wo der Hammer haengt" (German phrase, literally translates to "where the hammer hangs"; and means something like "where the real stuff is") . I want to say "wo der Bartel den Most holt", but I have no idea how to translate that properly

Last edited by Nullzone; 09-19-2014 at 12:07 PM..
Old 09-19-2014, 12:04 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nullzone View Post
Update about the quality settings:
Sorry, I cannot find it. I just went through all games I currently have installed, and none of them hit the mark.

@dylanfan: Nice to see someone else stating the same, that Robert did a better job than mighty Epic with their huge resource pool
protorob is the king.
Old Today, 01:50 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Found another small graphics glitch:
When you approach the Behemoos Pumps from really far away, flying above the water, you can see the giant wheel on the middle pipe ages before you see the actual pipes.
Sounds like the far vs. medium culling you mentioned for the Nameless statue.
Old Today, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nullzone View Post
Found another small graphics glitch:
When you approach the Behemoos Pumps from really far away, flying above the water, you can see the giant wheel on the middle pipe ages before you see the actual pipes.
Sounds like the far vs. medium culling you mentioned for the Nameless statue.
Thanks! yeah, the wheel actually didnt have any culling on it at all (or batching, which increases performance) so you can probably see it from anywhere in the world Thanks for pointing it out - I just fixed it (im trying to finish the update in the next few days) and it'll be in v1.2