[BETA] Raze: Dungeon Arena Hack-N-Slash ARPG on Testflight

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by johnny_x, Jul 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnny_x

johnny_x Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2017
    Game Development and Promotion
    Guangzhou, China
    #1 johnny_x, Jul 10, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
    Hello all!

I'd like to give everyone here at toucharcade a chance to learn more about our upcoming game Raze: Dungeon Arena. If what you read and see sounds good to you, then you're highly encouraged to sign up for our closed beta going on in Testflight right now.

Test Flight Sign Up Form:https://goo.gl/forms/U41NR9Yr1t1WvNIg2
    Alternatively, you can PM me with your AppleID to get an invite.

Game Description
    Your enemy is on his last leg. Swap out your mage for your warrior in real time and deliver the decisive blow to your arena foe. Welcome to Raze: Dungeon Arena. Collect new heroes, raid PvP and single player dungeons, craft epic gear sets, and save the world from its demon plight.

Raze is a meticulously crafted dungeon crawling, boss battling ARPG experience for your cell phone. Like solo quests? Make your way through Raze’s 60+ single player dungeons. Prefer to make things a bit more personal? Raze: Dungeon Arena offers 1v1, 2v2, guild battles, and co-op modes.

Tag team battle system
    - Mix and match to find the best hero combination and fighting strategy

Stunning Unity 3D Graphics & SFX
    - Immerse yourself in a dark world filled with detailed character models, gorgeous dungeon environments, and eye-catching hero abilities.
    - Detailed sound effects providing unparalleled immersion

Satisfying Single Player Experience
    - Challenging single player dungeons require you to think on your feet in order to survive
    - Outmaneuver enemies who possess spatial awareness, reacting according to their own strengths and weaknesses
    - Outwit bosses that use unique skills to stun, bind, burn, freeze, and kill all who oppose them

Intense Arena PvP
    - Get big in 1v1, 2v2, domination, guild battles, and survival multiplayer modes
    - Craft ultimate gear sets and form the ultimate hero combinations for the PvP arena
    - Form your own unique play style -- there is NO auto-battle or auto-questing in Raze

Video Preview

A Few Gifs

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I don't want to overload this post with media -- so if you want to see some screenshots and art concepts you can checkout our presskit site here: http://razepresskit.wonderent.net/

Thanks for your time! All feedback is greatly appreciated -- as this is our very FIRST attempt at making a game on our own!

**UPDATE**
    The response of everyone on toucharcade has far exceeded our expectations. We've received 500+ people asking to test Raze. Some of you, unfortunately, might not receive an invitation for this phase. We're trying to do our best to include everyone, but we can't guarantee everyone will get an invite.

The huge amount of support and feedback we've received is highly encouraging. Thanks everyone, and we'll try to get an invite out to everyone if we can!

**FOR MORE INFO**
    We're on Facebook, Twitter, and Reddit. I don't want to be too spammy -- but feel free to join our communities to get regular updates on the progress of our game. :)

2. skeerup

skeerup Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2010
    Looks great.

3. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Wow looks amazing!

4. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    In the videos, it appears that the player is rapidly tapping the attack button. If it isn't currently possible to hold the attack button to repeatedly attack, please make this change. Those of us with hand problems will thank you.

5. kdavis220

kdavis220 Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2012
    I swear, umma get diabetus from all the eye-candy. Looks awesome.

6. Sanderok

Sanderok Member

Oct 2, 2016
    #6 Sanderok, Jul 11, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2017
    Wanna tested it, and i allready sent apple id, but when started beta?

7. rezn

rezn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 8, 2014
    Male
    Coder/Keyer in medical ICD 10
    Reno, NV
    Oh wow! Double wow and a Big WHOA! :D

8. johnny_x

Jul 10, 2017
    Guangzhou, China
    I'll ask the UI / controls team about that. Actually, you don't need to tap the attack button so frantically -- but I just do it out of habit. Thanks for your suggestion. We'd like to make the game accessible to everyone. :)

9. andyblu18

andyblu18 New Member

Jul 11, 2017
  10. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    This game is freaking stunning!

11. Darkfyra

Darkfyra Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2017
    Let me guess another of those automated (supposedly arpgs) games...they all are

12. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    No and it even says no auto function in the thread....

13. th4natos

th4natos New Member

Jul 12, 2017
    I hope it not sucks and not P2P(Path of Exile is one of them who done F2P rights, albeit it is not on mobile), been waiting for decent Diablo style ARPG on Mobile.

14. Chickenskins

Chickenskins Member

Dec 20, 2016
    This game completed my life! Everything is spot on. No bullshit auto grinding, just joy and skill.
    Played both now and I must say I digg this a lot more than lineage II revolution.

Is only came across some cosmetic errors regarding faulty(empty) comment boxes.

Ps. I Don't have any shares in this company haha.

15. johnny_x

Jul 10, 2017
    Guangzhou, China
    Nope. If you try to go AFK you will die.

There simply isn't any automated questing/killing because this a real game. :cool: You have to play it. The game wont fight for you, wont use potions for you, won't navigate dungeons for you.

16. johnny_x

Jul 10, 2017
    Guangzhou, China
    Thanks for the love!

There are still a lot of kinks in the UI and localization that need to be worked out. Some of the UI boxes are empty -- or had text that is truncated and/or doesn't make sense. We're working on that. ;)

You could almost call this a "closed alpha" -- but the basic gaming mechanics are there for everyone to enjoy. We have many more multiplayer modes that we haven't put in the game yet. Come launch time, there should be 24 heroes available to play. We also plan on releasing one new hero every month or so.

17. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Holy crap! How big is your team is you dont mind me asking?

18. johnny_x

Jul 10, 2017
    Guangzhou, China
    About 45 people. We've been working on this game for the past two years -- but we've also had contract work from other, bigger game companies. We were make game assets for larger AAA titles, but now we want to make some games for ourselves. :D

19. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Def seems like you have the manpower and talent to do so.

20. DTon72

DTon72 Member

Sep 13, 2012
    Progress Saved?

I noticed that we can already spend real money to buy things in game. Does this mean that our current progress will be saved when the game officially launches?